"Arrgh!! I lost again!?" Giovanni was enraged. He sighed. "Blast it all! You ruined our plans for Silph! But Team Rocket will never fall! __________, never forget that all Pokémon exist for Team Rocket! I must go, but I shall return!" He speedily exited.

I gulped and turned to the two people that had been held hostage. The man spoke up. "Thank you for saving us!"

"Uh, you're welcome..."

"Here, Silph Co. has been developing this for a while, and you seem like an accomplished trainer. I want you to have this.

He handed me a Pokéball that I had never seen before.

"This is the Master Ball. It can be used to catch any Pokémon without fail," he explained. "I'm the president of Silph Co., by the way."

"Wow...Thanks," I said. "Well... Bye." I left.

●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●

I rode on Nidoqueen, on the way to Cinnabar Island. I had changed in the few weeks I had been traveling without Green and Red, but not really for the better. I found I had less and less energy as the days went on. I missed my friends.

I had just beaten the Cinnabar Island Gym. The leader, Blaine, had Fire-Type Pokémon, so Dewgong's Surf attack took down each of his Pokémon in one hit. I had run out of Repels on my way to Cinnabar, so I got a lot of extra training in before the battle as well.

I sighed as I exited the gym. It had been a few weeks or so since I had defeated Giovanni as Silph Co., and I had just defeated him again for the last time and earned my final gym badge. I was on my way to the Pokémon League! I felt a small spark of excitement for the first time in a while. Before I left, I decided I would have to heal my Pokémon in the Pokémon Center. As I made my way over I saw a familiar man headed my way.

"__________!" The man greeted me. "It's Bill, remember me?"

I nodded my head.

"How has your journey been?"

I shrugged.

"Where are Green and Red? Weren't you all traveling together?"

"Yes..." I mumbled. "But we're traveling separately now."

"I see. Anyway, you're probably wondering why I showed up." Bill began. "I have a buddy named Celio who could use some help in another region of Kanto, the Sevii Islands, maybe you've heard of them? Anyway, can you come with me to One Island?"

I simply nodded and followed Bill to the ferry. Before I knew it, we were there. Bill led me to the One Island Pokémon Center, where his friend was waiting near a large contraption.

"Hello, Bill." The man greeted him. "And who is this young lady?"

"This is __________. __________, this is Celio." I glanced at the man before me.

"Pleased to meet you," Celio said, grinning.

"__________ might be able to help you," Bill explained.

"Great!" Celio turned to me. "I'm trying to link our island's PC system with Kanto's."

Before Celio could continue, a man burst into the center.

"Help! Somebody help!" The man was not panicked or hysterical but he was distraught.

"What's going on?" Bill asked.