It had been two months since the first day we set out from Pallet Town. We had visited and conquered each gym, and now we were at Celadon City.

Green skipped in the Game Corner as Red and I started talking about the beach, standing to watch Green rush over to the counter and buy coins, then immediately begin playing a slot machine. 

As I glanced about the place, I noticed something odd—there was a guy dressed in dark clothing standing in the corner of the room doing nothing. it looked like he was standing guard, but all that was behind him was a poster.

"See that guy over there?" I pointed him out to Red.

"Yeah, he looks suspicious... Green, come on...something's up with that guy. Let's figure it out."

"Who cares, I'm in the middle of something," he said, rolling his eyes.

I sighed. "Red, you keep an eye on Green and I'll see what's up..."

"You got it."

I walked over to the guy standing in the corner. "Hey, man, what's going on?"

"None of your business, kid," he mumbled, shifted uncomfortably.

"Sure," I said, "What are you standing in front of?"

"Hey, you little brat, why don't you go play somewhere else, okay?" he growled, shoving me.

Red was suddenly by my side. "Hey, man, keep your hands off her." 

"I got this, Red," I said dismissively, a fire lit inside me that pushed me into battle. "Go, Eevee!" I sent Eevee out of his Pokéball.

"Eevee!" he cried.

"Alright, go, Zubat!" the Grunt sent out a Pokémon of his own.

"Eevee, use Take Down!" I shouted, feeling very confident.

Eevee did so, and tackled the Zubat with enthusiasm.

"Zubat, use Bite!" Zubat viciously bit Eevee.

Eevee did not seem wavered. "Use Quick Attack!" Eevee attacked with lightning speed.

The Grunt smirked. "Use Toxic!"

I gulped. Zubat tossed a ball of sludge at Eevee, who shuddered and winced in pain. I was about to use my turn to use an Antidote on my partner when I remembered one of the TMs I had recently given Eevee.

"Eevee, use Facade!" I instructed Eevee, who nodded and proceeded to use the unique attack against the Grunt's Zubat. The attack hit with so much power that the Zubat instantly fainted.

Out of Pokémon, the Grunt, flustered, threw some money at me and stumbled out of the building. "Uhh, there's NOT a secret switch behind that poster!" And he was gone.

I wasn't buying it. After giving Eevee a Super Potion and an Antidote, I gently peeled back the poster from the wall, and sure enough, there was a button the size of a quarter protruding from the wall. "I'll be right back guys," I said toward the guys' direction.

"'Kay," Red replied, going back to making sure Green didn't blow all of his money.

I pushed the button. Before my eyes, a stairwell emerged. A bit in shock, I tentatively stepped down the stairs. As I reached the bottom of the stairs, I was met with a startling sight.

There was a large room, and it seemed to be a maze. I slowly entered.

"Hey!" I heard someone yell. This startled me greatly, but I whipped around to find another Grunt. I sighed in relief, easily defeating him.