3💛

"And here we are, coming at you live with world-renowned superstar Damon Albarn. Tell me, Damon, what's it like to now be the front man of a band?"

Damon laughed at Jamie's exaggerated TV reporter impression. Still, he played along. "Well, I tell you, Jamie, it's terrible! Terrible, terrible, terrible!" He joked in an equally exaggerated tone, causing them both to erupt in laughter.

"But really," Jamie said after a moment or two in a somewhat more serious tone. "What do you think of it all, huh?"

To tell you the truth, Damon didn't really know just yet how he felt about the whole thing. It had all happened so fast. But as he walked back home with Jamie along the dark city sidewalks, illuminated by the faint glow of street lights and the shine of headlights from passing cars, he didn't regret his decision, but he just knew he would have to adapt to whatever came with it.

But he could do that. He'd done it many times before.

"I'm just afraid they're going to find out." Damon let out with a sigh, which didn't really answer the question he was asked, but the other boy didn't mind.

"Find out? Psssh, how could they?" Jamie grinned. "You've practically dropped off the face of the Earth according to the media, with you movin' away from London and all that."

"Exactly, they're off looking for me now." He shook his head. "And if they got a bit of me in the paper somehow, and they saw it..."

"Then they'd know they have someone famous in their band! They'd like you even more!"

Couldn't he see that was exactly what he was afraid of?

Damon glanced up to see where they were now, revealing to him that they had reached their destination. Jumping at the opportunity to escape the conversation, Damon suddenly stopped walking. "Oi, we're back home now."

Jamie looked over to see for himself, then nodded. "So we are." The tone of his voice hinted that he could still tell something was bothering him, but for his friend's own sake he dropped it.

As silent as they could, the two snuck back into the house (through the front door, since Jamie had his key in his pocket), being very cautious as to not wake Damon's mother. Once they were in, seeing as it was very very late, there wasn't much else to do aside from just heading off to bed.

Which, surprisingly, Damon had no problem doing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once he had awoken, still in his clothes from the previous night thathe hadn't bothered to change out of, Damon sleepily wandered into the kitchen, where he soon found that he wasn't alone.

"Exciting night, eh?"

His eyes widened, waking him up a bit more upon hearing the voice of his mother.

"U-uh..."

She shook her head and smiled knowingly from where she stood at the kitchen sink, washing the dishes. "You must've left the front door unlocked when you came back in last night." She glanced over at the door, which Damon could see clearly wasn't locked.

He groaned, immediately knowing who was responsible. "Jamie. I'll get him for that."

"Oh, well it's good he went with you at least."

Damon stood silently in the kitchen, waiting to get lectured about the "dangers" of sneaking out, especially in his situation.

"I'm not upset, you know," she clarified, turning off the faucet and drying her hands, then turning to look at him. "I just think you have to be careful."