Dumped (fluff, part 2)

kageyama walked up to the door, and paused only shortly before knocking.

knock knock!

after a few seconds of silence, he raised his hand to knock again, but stopped when he heard a barely-coherent response from inside.

"c-come in" a small voice called out from inside.

hesitantly, kageyama opened the door and stepped in, peeking around. "hello?" he looked around the corner into the living room to see a small mound of blanket on the couch with a few pieces of orange hair sticking out. "hinata?"

"eh?" the blanket turned to reveal a little girl. suddenly a look of panic crossed her face and she stuttered, "w-who are you?!"

judging by how much she looked like a little copy of hinata, kageyama assumed she was his little sister.

she jumped off the couch and ran out of the room with the blanket dragging on the floor behind her. "onii-chan!! there's a strange man in our house!"

"w-what?" a boy's voice responded from the kitchen. "natsu, i thought i told you to check the door before you let people in!"

"i'm sorry!" she cried out.

he sighed and rounded the corner into the living room. "where is- oh!" hinata froze when he saw kageyama. "it's okay natsu, he's my friend," he turned and comforted his sister, giving her a pat on the head.

"huh?" as soon as she heard this, natsu's expression brightened. she immediately ran over and wrapped her little arms around kageyama's legs in a hug. she stared up at him with beady eyes and exclaimed, "onii-chan?"

kageyama let out a nervous chuckle and looked at hinata, who had his mouth covered so he wouldn't laugh. "uh- my name is kageyama."

"kageyama!" she repeated, satisfied, and hugged him again. she smiled, retreating and grabbing her blanket, sitting back on the couch with her eyes glued to the tv.

smiling, hinata stood up again and made his way closer to kageyama. "so what brings you all the way over here?"

in response, he held out hinata's gym bag. "you left it in the locker room, dumbaahh- ...dummy..." kageyama nervously glanced over to natsu.

the smaller boy chuckled. "thanks," he smiled up at kageyama. "is there anything else?"

"actually..."he began, unsure how to ask about it, and decided to just put it bluntly. "why have you looked and played like crap lately?"

turning to face the two, natsu leaned over the back of the couch. "onii-chan got dumped!"

"natsu...!" hinata complained. he sighed and pointed to the door. "go to your friends' for a bit so i can talk to kageyama without your input."

"hmph!" natsu threw her blanket on the couch and plodded outside, glaring at her older brother.

"hah..." hinata ruffled his hair and looked at his setter awkwardly.

kageyama looked at him in confirmation. "you got dumped?"

"well..." hinata was unsure how to explain it. "yeah, but it wasn't really a big deal. we... it wasn't really going anywhere. they just could've been nicer."