Rainy Day (smut)

"alright guys! don't stay up too late!" suga shouted. he waved bye to the two as he picked up volleyballs off the court.

kageyama and hinata had gotten permission to leave early, since they had a test tomorrow and hinata was well known for his bad grades. kageyama wasn't the best either, but if you can combine the two in volleyball and get a crazy combo like that, maybe the same will apply for schoolwork...?

hopefully?

hinata happily skipped alongside kageyama, humming and jumping up as high as he could every once and a while. "thanks kageyama! i think they might make me quit the club until i get my grade back up if i fail this one, so i could really use the help."

"i'm not the best either though.. in fact, i'm barely passing." kageyama stated. after a few seconds, he added, "but i suppose barely passing is better than failing."

"hopefully i barely pass!"

kageyama scowled down at him. "shouldn't you be hoping for a really good score or something?"

hinata chuckled, "probably."

•••

"i've already had to say it like ten times," kageyama put his head in his hands and sighed. "you have to divide that by three. there is no multiplication. anywhere. where did you even get that?" he lectured the smaller boy, pointing at the formula on the paper.

hinata pouted. "but i thought you were supposed to do the opposite of what it says? like subtract from positive, add to negative, multiply where there's division..."

after a minute of silent staring, kageyama put his head on the table. "that's... a completely different math, hinata... this is geometry..."

"oh." hinata's brow furrowed.

"i know you said you were failing, but..."

hinata protested, "i asked for help for a reason!"

"what did you get on the last test?" kageyama asked him.

hinata hesitated, before sighing, "44%"

"i guess it could have been worse.. you're only about 15% from passing."

hinata stood up, and stretched his arms. he closed his book with a frown and turned to kageyama. "can i use your kitchen?"

"oh, are you hungry?" kageyama looked up at him, "i can make some ramen or something."

hinata waved his hands dismissively. "nonono. i mean to cook something. i wanna cook dinner for kageyama! i might not be good at school but i can make pretty good food." his face started to heat up, so he quickly added, "as a thank you! for helping me study."

kageyama shrugged in response. "if you want. go ahead." he stood up and looked down at the shorty, "what are you gonna make?"

"hmm" he thought, putting his hand on his chin. "let me see what you have..."

•••

"you're making ramen? i could have made that."

hinata jumped backwards, knocking over kageyama and spilling some of the soup. he whirled around, clutching his chest. "oh my god you scared me! don't sneak up on me like that!" he exclaimed. he looked around, noticing kageyama wasn't above him.