3

Excuse any mistakes 💙

Toni

"You ought to be thankful for the little things but little things are all you seem to give
You're always putting off what we can do today
Soap opera says
You got one life to live
Who's right who's wrong.

What have you done for me lately..."

I sat back and watched her as she slid all across the room. She was talented, amazing, and beautiful in every way.

"Alright take 5 everyone." She grabbed her bottle of water and towel heading in my direction taking a seat.

"So how did I do?"

"You did exceptional in my book."

"Why thank you. Your surgery is tomorrow, how you feel about it."

"I'm nervous actually, are you gonna be there with me?"

"You want me to be?"

"Yea. I can't explain it but you seem to calm me down a lot. I mean if you're busy ya kno don't worry about it—."

"Of course I'll be there."

"Good, cause if my nerves kick in—."

"You'll gonna be fine I promise you."

"Places!"

"Well here we go, I'll be done after this then we can go eat if you want to."

"Sounds fine with me." She went back as they started rehearsals.

I've been in a wheelchair for a couple of weeks, the pain been unbearable and I was so close to saying take the damn leg off. I mean I could've been had this shit taken care of but every time they tell me to come in they don't get me. They rescheduled my surgery date over and over and I'm bout tired of this shit.

People of the world today
Are we looking for a better way of life
(sang)
We are apart of the rhythm nation

People of the world unite
Strength in numbers we can get it right
One time
(Sing it up)
We are apart of the rhythm nation

I watched Janet as she moved effortlessly through the song. She was good, really good like the next Michael of some shit. Hell she is, the damn twin if you ask me. She finally finished coming back over to me, throwing her towel on me.

"You're sweaty dawg." I threw her towel in the dirty clothes basket in the corner

"That's the point, some people would kill just to have my towel. It gets kinda crazy sometimes."

"Damn sweat must be from the fountain of youth they doing allat."

"It is." We laughed as she gathered her bags.

"I'm going to change, don't go anywhere."

"Where ima go?"

"Ion know home."

"Ahke, go change."

She walked to the back to change as one of her dancers came up to me.

"Hi."

"Wassuh."

"You're friends with Janet?"