Harmony

Harmony biked home alone, enjoying the peace and quiet of the birds, and smiling at the squirrels. She enjoyed this part of the day since there was no one to annoy, no expectations to meet, just the quietness.

Harmony was not a talker, as we have mentioned before. She wasn't a listener either. She was just another face in the crowd (though she didn't like crowds that much), just another classmate (she didn't like those either), just another person (she absolutely despised those). 

Some would suspect that she had no friends or must be super lonely. They're wrong. She had a good friend that never failed her-her sketchbook (s, since she had many over the years), and she was never lonely.

That was because lonely and alone are two completely different things.

Harmony stopped at her home, a modern version of a Victorian house, and sat on the stone stairs. She took out her current sketchbook and flipped to a new page. She decided to sketch a dark woods, with nothing but dead trees and a single wolf. The only thing colored was the wolf, which was blue.

Harmony really liked drawing the blue wolf, as it made her feel like someone cared for her, even though she didn't understand why.

"Hey, Harmony!" Shouted someone. Harmony got up and looked around. Her sister Melody was waving at her.

She mostly ignores me. Why would she talk to me, unless she wanted a favor-

"I'm going with some friends to the mall. Can you tell Mom and Dad that?"

Harmony muttered "sure", and sat back down, continuing her sketch. Melody drove off in one of her friend's cars, most likely not going to come back until 8 pm. 

Once the weather got too cold, Harmony decided to walk inside. Her parents still weren't here yet, so she decided to text them what Melody told her to tell them. She knew that they wouldn't respond because they always were on Do Not Disturb during work. 

Harmony went to her room and opened a drawer. Inside she found exactly what she needed at a time like this.

Harmony took the coded book out of the drawer and left her room.