To Turffield Wo Go

A League member stopped Kireina on her way out of the stadium. "Challenger Kireina, the chairman asked me to deliver this gift to you." She stared wistfully at the small card in her hand. "A gift... such a wonderful thing... From the chairman... such a wonderful man..." She shook her head when she saw Kireina staring at her. "Excuse me. The gift is access to the Flying Taxis! They allow you to fly from town to town." The League member handed her the pass. "Thank you." Kireina said. "If it's alright with you, I'll read a segment from the Flying Taxi user's manual..." "No, it's fine. I know the basics of it." Kireina forced a smile. "Ah, ok. Have a good day challenger!" Kireina waved as she jogged down the street towards Route 3.

"There you are Kiri! I've been waiting!" Hop slung an arm around her shoulder, and she held back the urge to push him away. "Let's have a battle, you and me. We'll get a bit of training in!" "Uh, alright." "I knew you'd be up for it!" He took his arm off of Kireina. "We've got to stay keener than anyone else if we want to steal the spotlight from our rivals!" He pulled out a PokeBall, and stood opposite of Kireina. He's going to be like this the entire Gym Challenge, isn't he." Kireina internally groaned, throwing out Sobble. The battle didn't last long, Kireina winning easily. "How'd you get so good at battling, Kiri?" Hop asked. "I don't know, I just am." Kireina knelt down, patting her Sobble's head and recalling it. "You know what, here, have one of my league cards. That's how good I think you did in that battle." Hop handed her a rather shiny card. "Oh, thanks. Here, have one of mine too, it's only fair." She handed him one of hers. "Aw, you look cute Kiri!" Hop smiled. "Thanks." She said through gritted teeth. "Well, our Gym Challenge starts now, from here in Motostoke. Although the first Gym Leader we'll have to challenge is in a town way far off from here... Still, you'd better believe I'm going to keep on winning my way to that Championship Match!" He turned around, waving as he left. "See you in Turffield Kiri!"

Kireina let out a sigh of relief as Hop ran away. "So the first gym leader is a grass user... looks like it's your time to shine Becheep. I'm gonna need to train you up a little." She made her way through Route 3, occasionally battling trainers and Pokemon. "Hey Kireina!" Kireina glanced up to see Sonia a few meters away, beckoning her over. "Hi Sonia!" She smiled. "You looked like a real ace out there during the opening ceremony!" Sonia complimented as Kireina walked up to her. "Thanks!" "Oh, but where's Hop?" "I think he went a different way." Kireina said, fidgeting with her bag strap. "Well, you're rivals after all. I guess it makes sense you'd train on your own." It was silent for a moment. "Oh, I know! Let me tell you about something a bit interesting. You see that building over there? It's a company owned by Chairman Rose." Sonia pointed towards a factory. "Just past Route 3, there's a mine where they dig up ore. That building over there processes it into energy. In other words, the chairman is responsible for providing the Galar region with its energy, too." Sonia turned back to her. "Can't say I really get him, but the chairman seems like a pretty brilliant guy, right?" "Yeah." "Here, a little something for having a talk with me! It's an Escape Rope. It'll help you get out of any cave if you get lost! And here, I'll heal up your Pokemon too!" Sonia smiled, quickly healing her Pokemon and handing them back. "Turffield is still a while away, but that's kind of a challenge in its own right. Good luck, Kireina!" Sonia walked off, leaving Kireina alone again.

Kireina hurried through the rest of Route 3, dodging wild Zigzagoons and a few trainers. She stopped in front of a cave, keeping one hand on Sobble's Pokeball. "At least I can see in here, I won't trip over some random Pokemon." She followed the track to the middle of the cave, sneaking past the trainers. One was unavoidable, but Kireina quickly won and kept walking, dodging a stray Woobat. "This cave is kinda nice, I could stay here for a while." She murmured, glancing around at the gems everywhere. Soon enough, Kireina was near the end of the cave, and was able to make out a familiar figure near the exit. "That better not be... oh come on." Her face darkened as she recognized the white, curly hair.