Opening Ceremony

[Real quick, I just wanted to say thank you so much for 300 reads! It really means a lot to me! And the art is just some KirBede stuff that I made off of Picrew, I love it so much <3]

Kireina pushed the stadium doors open, trying to calm down. "Where's the inn?" She mumbled, glancing around. A staff member got her attention. "You must be Challenger Kireina. The Budew Drop Inn is this way. If you would be so kind as to follow me..." He began to walk down the path, and Kireina hurried after him. It didn't take long before they got to the inn. "Thank you." She said, hurrying inside. Sonia stood just inside, in front of a statue. "Hi Sonia!" Hop said from behind Kireina. "Oh, hiya! Looks like you both  got yourselves registered!" She smiled. "What're you doing here?" Hop asked. "I'm researching the mysterious Pokemon that are said to be in Slumbering Weald. I reckon if I look into some of Galar's legends, I might figure something out. Care to join me? You're here already." Sonia walked to the side so they could see the statue better. "This is a statue of the hero who once saved the Galar region. I could run through the legend right quick, if you fancy?" "Uh, sure." Kireina mumbled. "Alright. Long ago... a great black storm covered Galar. The land was assaulted by a gigantic Pokémon... but they were defeated by a single young hero bearing a sword and shield. This statue here is meant to depict the young hero of that legend." She turned back to Kireina and Hop.

"Huh... I suppose that hero must've been about as strong as Lee, then!" Hop said. "Looks like you're going to have your hands full with plenty to research, though Sonia. Black storms and swords and shields and all..." "Will you be alright Sonia?" Kireina asked. "Course I will. I'll muddle through somehow, don't you worry! Anyway, you two are staying here at the hotel tonight though, aren't you? Shouldn't you check in?" She asked. "Probably. And we'll look out for you two, Sonia. If we hear anything about any hero or whatnot, we'll tell you!" Hop smiled. Kireina walked up the stairs, thankful that Hop was stuck in conversation with Sonia. A small group of loud and brash people stood at the desk. "Who the hell even are they? Team Yell? What a stupid name." A gym challenger muttered. "Excuse me, I have to-" Kireina got cut off by one of them. "We came all the way out to this big city so that we could properly cheer on Gym Challengers! Team Yell is here to help, after all! You're in for a battle if you wanna stop us!" "Uh, I'm up for that, I guess?" Kireina said, confused. The group turned to her, irritated and angry. "Didn't we tell you, mate? You get in our way, and you're in for a battle! Team Yell's all about helpin'... Helpin' one very special trainer win the Gym Challenge, that is! We wanna make sure she gets cheered on nice and proper... And now you're gonna help us make some noise!"

Kireina quickly beat two of the so-called Team Yell members. "Ah man, the swanky, sophisticated air in here had me off my game." One of them mumbled. Hop, done talking to Sonia, walked up to Kireina. "I wasn't expecting checking in would be such a big fuss, Kiri!" Hop smiled. "I'm gonna join you in battling, after all, I can't let you get ahead that easily!" He turned to the remaining two Team Yell members. "I'm Hop, one of this year's Gym Challengers! And the one who's gonna be the next Champion! Now let's have us a nice two-on-two battle!" "I can already hear my victory comin'! The only sound you'll make is a whimper of defeat!" The battle didn't last long. "Nice one Kiri! We did amazing!" Hop held up his hand for a high five, but Kireina put his hand down. "Don't call me Kiri."

"What are you lot doin' here?" A voice came from the opposite side of the lobby. Kireina glanced over to see a slightly smaller girl, a slightly irritated look on her face. "Marnie?!" Team Yell panicked. "N-n-nothin'... We was just..." "I know you all are terribly curious 'bout the other Gym Challengers, but you gotta show a bit of restraint." She scolded before turning to Kireina and Hop. "Sorry 'bout them. They're just a bunch of my fans. Call themselves Team Yell and follow me around, cheerin' for me. I think they've let it all go to their heads a bit..." Marnie turned back to Team Yell. "Come on, you lot! Back home with you now!" They trudged out of the inn, whining all the way. "They're just so caught up with wantin' to support me and all that they tend to get a bit shirty with other Gym Challengers. Sorry if they caused you any trouble." Marnie apologized. "So you're a Gym Challenger, too? Team Yell, was it? Pretty impressive that you already have  a set of fans to call your own!" Hop smiled. Marnie thought for a moment, and smiled. "I guess you're right." "Kiri?" Hop glanced over at Kireina, and she'd gone as pink as her hair. "Well, see you two around." Marnie wandered away, and Kireina's face returned to normal. "You'll just fall for anyone that's slightly cute, huh?" Hop grumbled. "Oh shut your mouth, I do not." She spat.