Endorsement

[One of my amazing friends drew Kireina for me! Her @ is Mauglust on Instagram, I highly recommend checking her art out!]

"See you in Wedgehurst, Kiri!" "Don't call me that." She called after him, knowing that it wouldn't stop him. She turned to the tall grass, searching for a Rookiedee, and found one easily. She caught it within seconds. "I think I'll name you Becheep." She smiled down at the Pokeball, gently placing it in her bag. She continued to navigate through the small route, stopping once to pet a Wooloo. "Guess there aren't that many Pokemon here... Hop probably made them all faint so his Pokemon could get some more training in." Kireina sighed. "I'll just head to the lab like he said." She jogged through the rest of the route, humming to herself. As soon as she stepped into Wedgehurst, somebody let out a scream. "THE CHAMPION IS BACK!" "Figures, the second Leon breathes anywhere, people lose their minds." Kireina muttered, shifting her bag. "Hey, Kireina!" Leon waved her over.

"Looks like you made it to the lab. You did far better than I did my first time. I'm hopeless with directions. I'm glad I have Charizard here to help me." "Leon, it's a straight line, I don't know how you could get lost." Kireina smiled. "Anyway, how's Sobble doing? You get to experience so much more now that you have a Pokemon." He smiled. "I'm doing fine, and so is Sobble. It's a lot of fun so far." "Let's go in, we don't want to keep the Professor waiting." Leon pushed the door open, beckoning for Kireina to follow. A small Yamper ran up to Leon, and he knelt down to pet it. "I've got to hand it to Professor Magnolia. Everything here looks fascinating." "What is it today Leon? Looking for info on another never-before-seen superstrong Pokemon? I wish you'd stop with these outlandish requests." A tall woman spoke up from the pseudo second floor. She walked down the stairs. "This is Sonia. Yamper's trainer. What can I say about Sonia? Well I like the way she cooks. She makes food you can gobble down in a flash." Leon said. "What kind of introduction is that? Did you forget that we were rivals during our Gym Challenge? It wasn't just Yamper helping you out. I did too." She shook her head, turning to Kireina.

"Anyway, nice to meet you! Name's Sonia. I'm the professor's assistant." "This is Kireina. She's a new Pokemon trainer. Set her on the right path, would you?" Leon walked out of the lab. Sonia let out a sigh. "What does he think I am? He's always got his head in the clouds. It's no wonder he gets lost all the time." Kireina nodded. "Oh. Looks like you've got a Rotom Phone." It flew out of her jacket pocket. "Rotom phones are handy little things, aren't they? They've got a map and a navigation tool. That said, Leon gets lost, so... Oh! Sorry, got a little off topic there. So tell me, do you know a lot about Pokemon?" Sonia asked. "A little bit, not much." Kireina said. "Well, in that case, I'll make it so you can use the Pokedex on your phone." She took it for a few seconds, and handed it back. "Could you let my gran know that you received the Pokedex? She lives in the house down along Route 2." Kireina nodded, walking out of the lab.

"Hey Kiri!" Hop called from beside the Pokemon Center. "Got your Pokedex from Sonia?" "Yeah, and please don't call me Kiri." He ignored her. "Then it's time to meet lots of different Pokemon and start building up a strong team! But battling strong Pokemon in the wild can leave your team in a bad way. Not to mention what battling another trainer can do... Luckily, we've got Pokemon Centers! You ever been in one?" "Yeah." "Cool! So I don't need to show you around. I'll see you at the Professor's house!" He turned around, walking a little down the road. She jogged into the Pokemon Center, healing up her Pokemon, and walked back out again.

"You know Kiri, since you're a trainer now, you probably want to try your hand at the Gym Challenge, right?" Hop asked. "Yes! I've always wanted to, I just haven't had the chance yet." Kireina smiled. "The trick is that you have to be endorsed if you want to take part. And Lee doesn't think I'm up to par. So I'm thinking I ought to talk to the professor and see if she could help! Maybe Lee could get you an endorsement too. You and I could be rivals! A proper rival is just the thing every Trainer needs to keep growing stronger, after all. Keeps you motivated, right?" Hop paused. "Anyway, the professor's house is way down at the end of Route 2, so let's head there, and give our teams the chance to train up a bit along the way." He took off, and Kireina let out a sigh of relief for the momentary silence.