Motostoke

[I added something important to the story at the beginning of chapter one, so please go read that if you haven't already!]

"It's morning at last! And time for our adventure to truly start!' Hop said. "How can you be this enthusiastic this early?" Kireina yawned. "How can you not be!" "Good morning to you, young challengers. Hop, is it true that you really met some Pokemon you didn't recognize? Is there anything more you can tell me about it?" Magnolia asked. "Er, well, there was weird heavy fog , and then this even weirder Pokemon appeared... Kireina tried to fight it off, but I think we both passed out or something. It's all pretty hazy." "A right fount of information you are." Sonia muttered. "Kireina, Hop, these are for you." Magnolia handed them each a Dynamax Band. "Those are your Dynamax Bands. I made them by fitting the Wishing Stars you found last night into those bands." "Thanks Professor, this is brilliant! It's just like the one Lee has on him too. Now we can Dynamax our Pokemon like he does!" Hop grinned widely. "My word, you don't waste any time, do you? I think you'll find it's not so simple as all that. There are a number of conditions you must meet if you hope to have your Pokemon Dynamax and take on that gigantic form." Magnolia glanced between the two of them. "Now, don't be afraid to go to all sorts of places and meet all sorts of Pokemon. That will help fill out your Pokedex too." "The legend of my reign is finally about to begin!" Hop turned to Kireina. "Come on Kiri! I'll beat you to the station!"

"So, out with it Kiri! How many did you catch?" Hop asked, practically bouncing from one foot to the other. "Just a Zigzagoon. Nothing much." "Nice! You know what, I've got one too many of these, so here." He handed her a TM. "You can teach your Pokemon a new move with that, and you can use it again and again." Kireina nodded. "The Gym Challenge starts in Motostoke, and our train is waiting, so let's get going." Kireina and Hop walked into the station. "Not quite so fast you two." Hop's mom called after them. "What're you doing here Mum?" "I knew this day was coming since the moment you chose Scorbunny as a partner, dear. Professor Magnolia was kind enough to let us know you two were setting out. So here, a last little gift to see you well set on your way. All the stuff you'll need for camping!" Hop's mom handed them each a camping set. "I have the feeling that you two will do amazing, so go out there and live up to that." Hop's mom smiled. "Thanks, Mum. And just think about how lucky you are, mother to the first ever pair of Champion brothers! Because I'm certain to be the Champion next. You'll see!" "Of course you will be, darling Anyway, do have fun and take care of yourselves!" "Thank you, and we'll be fine!" Kireina assured. "Wish us luck, not that we'll need it." Hop and Kireina hurried onto the train, waving to Hop's mom as they left.

"The wild area sounds fun." Kireina mused, scrolling through pictures of it. "Just fun? It sounds amazing! You can find so many Pokemon there, and you can camp, fish, and a lot of other stuff!" Hop said, a wide smile on his face. "Forget what I said, it does sound amazing." Without warning, the train screeched to a halt. "We aren't at Motostoke yet, are we?" Kireina glanced up from her phone. "Well, let's get off the train and ask the station master." Hop darted off the train, Kireina close behind. "Hey, Mr. Station Master! Isn't this the Wild Area? What're we stopped here for?" Hop asked. "Yes, this is the Wild Area Station. The train stopped because of a flock of Wooloo on the tracks." Hop turned to Kireina. "This is brilliant! We'll be able to catch so many Pokemon and build our perfect teams!" Before Kireina could say anything, he ran off. With a sigh, she followed him.

"Hey Kiri! Look at that!" Hop gestured excitedly to the Wild Area. It did look amazing, and off in the distance, she could see Motostoke. "This is wonderful, I can't wait to see all the Pokemon that are here! Oh, hi Sonia." Kireina looked over to see Sonia walking up to them. "My gran gave me a proper earful, in her own way... 'Those two young trainers are setting out on a journey, but what are you doing with your life?'" Sonia sighed. "Ouch, Professor. You ok?" Kireina asked. "Ah... Never mind that! Nothing to worry yourselves over! Besides, I'd been quite curious about that Pokemon you two met in the forest. I'd been thinking that I should look into it, so the timing works out fine. If I discover something really huge, then maybe even Gran'll admit I've got some talent!" "Yikes... Being an adult has got its own challenges, eh?" Hop asked. "I said you don't need to worry about it! I'm glad to be on the road. Really! It's been ages. It'll be great fun to fish and camp and rough it outside again!" Sonia insisted.