Traditions

Extremely long because I have no self control. Light and breezy because we like it super casual lang.

————

Christmas is definitely the most wonderful time of the year. Everything about it is special- People are exerting so much effort to put up chirstmas lights and decors; Jose Mari Chan's or Mariah Carey's music being played in almost every establishments and households; The smell of freshly made bibingka and putobumbong that a lot of people line up for; and, the sound of Church bells for Misa de Gallo. These are traditions that are worth keeping- the kind that's good for the heart. People do stuff over and over again without hesitations because they love it, and it makes them feel good. It's already part of who they are, and if they failed to do it, they'd feel different- almost like something's wrong.

As a sentimental person, Bea is the type who keeps so much traditions. It's not just on Christmas season, it's an all year round list, she'd always say that it's because she doesn't want to lose it- the bond, person, feelings, and emotions. Tonight, she'll be doing one of her favorites and it's a 'post-birthday' celebration.

It's Bea and Thirdy's thing. They've been doing that since 2017 and they agreed to do it again and again. It's nothing grand, it's usually just a meal together to celebrate one's birthday no birthday cakes allowed. It's actually pretty convenient for them, since as good friends, they really wanted to celebrate each other's birthday but Bea's birthday is before basketball season and Thirdy's is before volleyball season so they always end up missing the party because of trainings. It's like their rain check for their birthday celebrations.

Bea checked herself once again before heading out of her room since Thirdy said he's already near their village. She's wearing her navy blue romper and carrying her gift for Thirdy. When she made it to the poolside, she was amazed by how their helpers arranged the table for them. She just told them that they'll eat dinner here- expecting that they'd just bring a table and chair outside, but the helpers went all out, they fixed the lighting and even put an additional buffet table. 'Wow mukha naman romantic dinner to' Bea thought as she went near the setup. She checked the buffet table, her helpers prepared skewers, pasta, and salad for them. she also noticed a strawberry cheesecake. She wasn't surprised for the food, since, she specifically asked for those because it's Thirdy'S favorites.

When she heard the doorbell rang and Thirdy talking to one of their helpers, she went back inside the house to welcome him. He's carrying a box of cookies and a bottle of champagne while fooling around with her yaya who's obviously a fan of him. He's wearing a silk coat over a plain white shirt, black pants, and a sneakers. He greeted her with a smile and she looked at him from head to toe.

"Hey, you said we should look fancy. I just simply obliged" He explained then kissed Bea on her cheeks.

"Right, my bad. We have different interpretation nga pala of clothing" She said, and rolled her eyes. Which made both her helper and Thirdy chuckle.

Thirdy handed the box of cookies to her yaya and greeted her happy holidays which made her yaya smile widely and blush.

"Grabe, Manang don't you like my cookies?? Parang tuwang tuwa ka seeing his gift ah" Bea asked while acting a bit tampo.

"Eh, nak, medjo sunog yung mga cookies mo eh. Baka parang mas okay ito" The helper joked.

"rude!! grabe manang I made those with love kaya!!"

"Joke lang naman, Nak. Natuwa lang ako ang bait kasi ni Thirdy", the helper said then squeezed Thirdy's arm.

"Naku manang don't mention it. Ang liit lang naman na bagay." Thirdy said, feeling a bit embarrassed with the helper's words.