Chaud et Confortable (Part II)

Hi, please bare with the formatting and grammatical errors since I don't proof read :( Thank you for reading this crappy collection I AM ETERNALLY KILIG!

-------------

Six years of occasional eating out together and we always tend to over-order. We always get so excited about the thought of eating the dish that we forget to consider if we were going to be able to finish it. Thirdy and I challenged each other to finish all of it and I think I'm not having prosciutto until next week. Between the both of us I'm the one with bigger appetite, it's not that obvious because of my figure but whenever this incident happens, I'm always the one eating 2/3 of the food but it's okay because he's the one paying for it.

We were both silent for a while, reflecting about our bad decisions and feeling so restless after that massive eating. When we both recovered from the food coma, I cleared my throat and that's his cue to continue with our conversation before we ate our dinner. But he just sat there and stared at me, I just stared back waiting for him to speak up and then he smiled with amused faced, leaned on to the table and said

"Bea, I know someone probably said this to you na but you have the most captivating eyes"

"Really?" I asked with the tone of sarcasm. I can't believe he's stalling now.

"Whenever I look at your chinky eyes I get the same feeling I had whenever I drive around at night with windows rolled down"

"That's it? That's the best thing you can come up with to divert the topic?" I asked him with raised eyebrows.

He laughed then leaned back to his chair. I tilt my head and just stared at him. Why does he sound so sad and his aura is so heavy? I thought then crossed my arms. He might've sensed that I'm not gonna speak if he isn't gonna be serious, so he sat properly and motion for the bill.

"Okay okay, let's talk about it, let's pay first then let's go" He said then reached out for my arms then rubbed it with his thumb. I smiled widely I win then he chuckled while shaking his head.

-------

Thirdy drove back to Ateneo and parked near the Bellarmine field. When he turned off his car engine, I immediately unbuckled my seatbelt, I was about to open the door, but he grabbed my arm.

"Bei, you want to change your heels? I have spare slippers at the back"

"Sure! I'll get it"

"No just stay there ako na lang"

He's now at the other side of the car handing me his Nike slides- the one identical to mine. I just rolled my eyes at him pretending I'm annoyed.

"Galing mo talaga mag stall noh?"

He just chuckled and said "Humahanap lang ng right timing, grabe ka"

Both of us are now sitting at the trunk of his car, I can sense that he's super uneasy so I made him face me.

"Hey, you know what? It's okay if you don't want to talk about it. I just offered hearing it out kasi parang nabibigatan ka na. So, if you don't want to open up it's fine. I understand" Then smiled at him.

He shook his head, crinkled his nose and said "No, I feel like dapat ko na talaga to i-share sa iba kasi nagppile up na sya. It's just, I don't know where to begin." And then he looked down.

"I saw your game against UST you know" I started, and I wasn't sure where I'm going but I continued talking "Your post-game interview"

He looked at me disbelief over his face and said, "For real??"