me and mr.hollywood part 6

I was laying on my bed, in my pink room that totally did not fit my personality or mood right now. I wished the walls were black and red, that was how i felt right now. The setting sun shone into the room through the blinds creating slits of shadow and light to play across the room.

I didn't expect to be alone for very long. I expected my mother to come chasing after me, comfort me, and hold me while i cried to her how much i hated James and how i didn't need the money anyways. Expect the face the poked into my room was not a welcome one. James.

I picked up a pillow a chucked it at the door, he shut the door, neatly dodging it. I was prepared for when he opened the door again and he wasn't this time i chucked a book, and hit him, much to my own satisfaction.

"Ow!" he hissed then came into the room, "Halee!"

"James, you're about the last person i want to see right now," I told him honestly.

"I realize that," he sat down on the bed beside me regardless."Hal, I'm sorry, It's just for once i'm making my own money."

"And you don't want some gold digging wife to take it from you," i rolled over and faced away from him. "Well rest assured, i have no intention of touching your money, or my inheritance."

"Hal," he tried to reason with me, "Don't be like that. You know i don't think that! It's just... all my life, and all your life, we have been raised with prenup! prenup! prenup! and then all of a sudden our grandparents want us to marry like poor people! with nothing to lose."

i rolled over to face him, "You realize why there's no prenup right?" he shook his head, actors- they're idiots. "It's so we stay together. They know we wouldn't want to divide our fortune. God you're slow."

"Halee," he put his hand on my leg, then retracted it- remembering that pretty much whatever came out of his mouth he was proposing marriage. Arranged marriage.

"James!" i tears were rolling down my cheeks, "Even if it's just two years... Don't you want a chance at love? Don't you want a choice? I do! James!" i flung myself into his arms out of habit, he always comforted me when i was upset.

He held me tightly to him. "I know Hal!" it sounded like his acting was being to faulter, "Ok, you don't want to do this... that's fine."

I pulled away from him immediately, "You want to?" i asked in disbelief.

he shrugged, "Two years with my best friend, doesnt sound too bad."

"James?" i crumpled my forehead together, "Are you serious? An arranged marriage?"

He put both his large hands on either side of my face, forcing me to look at him, "Halee, we're not doing it, You don't want too! stop thinking about it."

I stared into his deep grey eyes and lost my train of thought for a second. could i do this? could i.., marry my best friend? Would things be easier that way? Would we get our money, have some sort of security for at least two years... i knew there were some people that loved their spouse less than I love James. But... I believed in love.

"Stop." he ordered me, "Stop thinking about it."

"Two years?" i asked thinking about it, "Two years being married to one of Hollywoods heartthrobs."

"Halee," he started to shake his head, "No. You believe in Love."

"I do love you," I told him, now i was trying to convince him!

he smirked at this knowingly, "I know." He kissed the my forehead, "But... Halee, it's not the same kind of love that you want."

"How?" i pouted, "The kind of love i seem to want seems to elude me like crazy! But you're love... i know that i have it, and it won't faulter."