Such a kid! I shook my head.

At night, she didn't even bothered to look at me. Oh, She did look at me once when I slid ring onto her finger ,but then looked away. She slid ring on to my finger looking down.

Throughout the event, she didn't even bothered to speak with me. Sameer is her friend Nisha's husband. that way she knew him. well Nisha told me when I was standing alone . I tried to speak with Gauri, but she slipped away ignoring me. if she can, I can also.

" I will see how long you will stay away from me " I said to myself.

Two days passed , still cold shoulders. despite my warning, she mingled well with that woman,Riya and Ajay much to my dismay.

I decided to deal with her after marriage so that she won't annoy me by asking " who are you ?"  but sometimes seeing her happy with that woman, makes me feel to let her be with them as she's happy with them. Particularly that woman. Gauri loves her dearly and treats her as her own mom causing me to doubt my own belief.
What if I was wrong about that incident about that woman?
But no, it can't be. I saw it in my own eyes. That woman is characterless.

Riya used to come and talk with me sometimes though I didn't speak with her. She came and said happily " bhai, I knew you won't speak. but I couldn't control myself . I really Gauri bhabhi. She's kind and loving. I am very happy that she will be your wife. she's really nice." and even hugged me. I controlled my urge to hug her back. Riya just started her college and Ajay is doing event management business while preparing for his arrear papers. I am sure he will ask for a post in company next year. But before that, I will give him all what are rightfully his.

 Gauri's POV:

I saw Riya talking with Arjun from a distance. he's too rude.he doesn't even smile at her. Even when she hugged him, he just stood there like a statue.
what kind of man he is!

Two days, no yelling and threats. I spend it happily and peacefully with his mom. I decided to stay away from him. but how long can I  avoid him? 

he probably knows that. so , I decided to call it truce with him.

when I went looking for him ,I actually bumped into his so called bua .
I bend down to touch her feet. She blessed me.She sounded so sweet. " Gauri, I know you don't like him now. but he's a good boy. You will know yourself soon."

" but." before I finish, " just stay away from them," She said pointing to Maa,Ajay and Riya. But why?
" Arjun won't tolerate you being close to them. He doesn't like them."  She finished.

" aunty , can I ask you something ?" I asked unsure. she nodded. " why he hates them?"

she isspeechless.
" that's none of your business. " came a reply from far behind. I looked up to see the monster himself. The arrogant Arjun Singh .

" Arjun" is all I managed to say.

" bua, you leave. I will speak with her." he replied to his bua. She patted my shoulder and left. 

"why are you so concerned about them? what are you going to do by knowing that?" he asked me angrily.

My anger got the better off me. I just exploded. The words just came out. " well, It maybe because of any of these. I don't have any siblings and lost both my parents so early, also I never experienced true love from anyone. Also I can see how much they love you .and maa, she showed that feeling of being loved  and special which I never experienced for years. I can see how much she longs for your love and attention. you have those lovely relations, but you didn't cherish  or acknowledge it. Whereas I on the other hand been longing for it, but don't have it. you will never understand what I am feeling. So, leave it. all I wanted is a nice loving family. but with you, it's not gonna happen ever. like never. Maybe it was not in my fate. "  I spoke while tears came down from my eyes.

 I don't know why I got emotional.  

He just stood there . so ,I left to my room and cried my heart out.

The next three more days passed just like that. Pandits performed some puja all these days . whole village seems to be present there in Haveli. And today is my wedding. What a joy!

yesterday during mehendi ceremony , maa told me that my mehendi is really very dark. that means Arjun will love me a lot. As if he will.I laughed at that.

both me and Arjun  exchanged  garlands . (in this, The groom, who is usually taller than the bride, is not supposed to bend while she is garlanding him, to tease the bride as if to say she is the one who would have to compromise in the relationship;) but he actually bend and took garland.  I couldn't help but smile at my relativesand annoying cousins who  indulged in teasing and fun, to celebrate this happy occasion.(note the sarcasm.) 

(The wedding concludes with the pheras, where the couple exchange vows in front of the sacred fire. The bride's parents give her hand to the groom in marriage in what is known as the kanyadaan.)

In my case my uncle and aunt did. then Arjun filled sindoor to the parting of  my hair to show that I am now a married woman.

after that he tied mangalsutra around my neck . that's it. I am married . My life officially over.

When all these rituals are over,we got up to touch the feet of all the elder members in the family and seek their blessings for a happily married life. 

he did touch his mom's feet but soon moved away before she could place her hand on him.  I seriously don't know what was wrong with him. The way he behaves, makes me angry on him again and again.

Another game is now played  by placing a ring in a plate filled with milk. The bride and groom dip their hands in the plate and the one who comes out with the ring will dominate in the marriage. I dip my hands in only to be caught by his hand. he placed the ring in my hand and I took it out. he is letting me win knowing it just a myth and he will have final say in our life. all cheered for me anyways.

And the day moved on quickly and soon it's night. My suhaag raat!!
My aunty took me a room which is decorated with flowers and told me something which came as a shocker.

**********************

 wow, I have updated.

I suppose this is the longest I have written so far.

So, Arjun and Gauri are married . What do you think?