Why has he never told me about this council before? Why did they get a say in my literal marriage.

"What's the council?" I asked, I felt tears forming in my eyes as my voice wobbled slightly. If this was beyond Four there was definitely nothing I could do about it.

"Hey, don't cry love, I'll sort it okay?" He ignored by question as he pulled me towards him for a hug. I couldn't help but doubt his words, how could he sort it out if it was a rule even he had to follow?

*********

"Who even is the council and why do they get the final say?" I raved to Preston as he sat on his sofa looking past me and at the TV, he was defiantly tuning me out.

I had probably asked this question to him four times in the past jor I had been here and I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that a group of old wolfs got the ultimate vote when it came to pack traditions.

"Emily, there is nothing at this moment of time you can do. If Alpha is talking to them just be patient and wait till he comes back. Try take your mind of it" Preston attempted once more to change the topic and reassure me at the same time.

I sighed flopping down on the sofa beside him. He was right, I was used to having no control here but knowing that even now Four had no control over this made me even more scared. What would happen if they didn't listen to him? What would he do then?

I shook the thoughts out of my head, for now I had to stop thinking about it. I was going to grandmas tonight so I guess I'd have her to talk to it about. Then it flashed in my mind, Dylan could be there.

I looked over at Preston who sat starting at the TV still his focus on whatever show he was watching, I knew he would never tell Four if I asked about Dylan, he wasn't like that.

"Have you heard from Dylan?" I asked before I could stop myself from bringing up Four's banished brother and surprisingly Preston didn't even flinch at the mention of his name. But he continued keeping his gaze on his TV as if I had just talked about something so normal.

"Have you?" He asked after just a few seconds of silence filled up by the annoying show that was still playing on the TV.

"Asked you first" I reminded him.

"Your one of the most annoying Luna's this pack is ever going to have. I'm actually a bit concerned for what Four has to go threw everyday. I'm lucky I only have to deal with you for a few hours-" Preston begins to say a small smile playing on his face, an attempt to shift the conversation once more which fortunately does not go unnoticed by me.

"Shut up" I cut him off reaching my foot over and kicking him in his leg which caused him to break into more laugher.

I remember when I met him I thought it was weird he followed me around all day at school but now I don't know what I would do without him.

"I've talked to him a few times, but you didn't hear that from me" Preston's laughter had died down now and he carried his serious tone he used when he spoke on the phone.

"He was at grandmas that night you dropped me off, you didn't hear that from me either. Do you know where he is staying?" I asked.

I was surprised someone as uptight as Preston would even admit let alone talk to someone that had been made a rogue. I honestly still really didn't understand the term of this rogue thing, all I knew that I should never bring up Dylan's name to Four if I didn't want it to end up in an argument.

"If I did know and I'm not saying I do you would be the last person I'd tell. Knowing you I'd wake up tomorrow with my car gone and Four knocking down my door" Preston joked, well I hope he was, I mean I really couldn't blame him.

"Lucky for you I can't drive" I jeered.

"I tried to tell him to stay away from here. If anyone catches him in the pack or if Four knew that he had talked to you Emily he would be killed. He's a rogue now and even if For didn't want to kill him he would have to. So if I were you I wouldn't be brining this up with Four, for Dylan's sake" Preston went back to his serious tone as he switched the TV off getting up of his seat.

"It's my fault that this happened to him, I blamed him and was angry at him-" I began but Preston put his finger up to his mouth to tell me to shut up.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he walked over to the door opening it to reveal Fours truck pulling up outside his house. I shook my head, I would literally never get used to these people's incredible hearing.

"Don't think this conversation is over" I reminded him in the quietist voice I could as I got up from my position on the sofa and walked towards the front door , if he was talking to Dylan then he could let me do it next time.

"Didn't think so Emily" he replied shaking his head before closing the door behind me and leaving me to a red faced Four in his truck, his arms clenched as he watched me walk out of the house. This was not good.