31

EMILYS P.O.V

I tugged on his wrist harder in attempt to make his body move faster as his feet trudged even slower until he came to a complete stop mid way down the hallway the elevator only a few steps away causing my own feet to come to a stop as his grip pulled me back closer to him.

I snapped around staring daggers at his blue eyes which were staring down at me glinting slightly as a small smirk played on his face as he watched me every second that passed knowing how unpacient I was to get going.

"Not so fast love, there are a few things I need to talk to you about" He chuckled prying my grip of his wrist as he leaned his broad frame against the wall.

"Your hand, doesn't leave mine. I mean it Emily you don't know where your going, I don't want you wandering of. You have never seen my people but they know of you, there will be a few stares but I've already wanted them. The pack land is far to large to show you all today love so you'll have be patient" Four explained as he took my hand and wrapped it in his pulling me towards the elevator.

I rolled my eyes as a response biting on the inside of my cheek to stop myself from making a remark, he was trying to be civil and I didn't want to mess things up and be stuck in that bedroom again.

*****

My eyes scanned the scene playing out in front  of me getting wider by the second as my gaze landed on the street Four had finally stoped at letting me look for more than two seconds as he previously was.

Mu eye brows furrowed in confusion as my eyes followed the road lined with shops and littered with children, women and men running around, a girl that didn't look past the age of twenty one child balanced on her hip and another tugging on her hand pulling her towards one of the shops.

I glanced up at Four to see he was to preoccupied to look around him as he was reaching his hand into his back pocket pulling out something.

Ever since we had step foot out of the elevator Four had been almost always silent his grip on my hand tightened like it was claimed on there, his mouth was set in a straight line as no trace of a smile ever being placed there was evident.

He gave the same hard cold look to anyone that even looked up at him which was just one man but as soon as his eyes met Fours they flew to the ground again not bothering to glance at me.

My eyes skimmed over the people, they looked so normal. They looked like humans not the beasts that they actually were.

I felt Fours pull on my hand as he began taking more of his long strides down the street pulling me closer so that our sides were touching.

I let my eyes follow up to Fours face once more only to see that his other hand was now holding a cigarette as he opened his mouth puffing out smoke.

I stopped in my tracks against Fours pull as I stared up at him wide eyes, was this another thing that I didn't know about him? He stopped once he realised I wasn't beside him glancing back at me his eyebrows furrowing in confusion seeing my confused face before he glanced around him as if remembering that we were in public.

"Emily what's the matter?" His tone took me by surprise, laced with annoyance so cold compared to just half an hour ago when it was laced with comfort.

I placed my hand on his wrist attempting to pry his hand grip of me, if he was going to speak to me like that then I wasn't going to bow down to him. I wasn't going to be the same little naive girl like before.

This seemed to anger him further as his jaw clenched and he then grabbed my other hand prying of his own before he glanced up for a moment before I felt him push me towards a building.

I opened my mouth to begin to shout at him only for my mouth to be covered my his large hand as I felt his other arm wrap around my waist and pull me over his broad shoulders. I began to push into his back only to be ignored when he pushed a door open before taking strides inside and I heard it slam shut.

Before I could regain my balance in an instant I was off Fours shoulders and now pressed against the wall, I felt his hot breath on my neck as he took deep breaths his chest moving heavily as he tried to contain his anger.

I swallowed the lump that was beginning to form in my chest my eyes wandering around his bloody perfect face forgetting in the moment why I was so angry when I caught glimpse of the cigarette that was hanging out of his mouth.

I reached up cringing as my fingers touched the death trap pulling it straight out of his mouth and dropping it to the floor not wanting to touch it for more than a second before I reached over my van covered foot stomping on it.

Four let out a breath shaking his head as I turned to face him one more the closeness of his face to mine only making my heart rate pick up as I stared down at my feet, I was pissed of at him and I wanted it to stay that way.

"Your unbelievable Emily fucking unbelievable" He shook his head before regaining his full height his hot breath leaving my face as I saw the corners of his mouth turn up.

"I didn't know you smoked" I mumbled pushing myself of the wall stepping side him so the room could be in my full view, my eyes wandered around to see an office desk littered with papers and a large chair in the centre of the room.

I looked to see him shrugging in response as he looked at me his eyes not one of those cold monster eyes he held a few minutes ago but the same eyes filled with love.

"You're so bipolar sometimes Four, you act so bloody kind one minute and the next you're such a dick" I continued shaking my head, I wasn't going to let this one drop.

He let out a breathy laugh at me, as if what I was saying was a joke.

"It's an act, do you think I want to be fucking harsh to you in front of them? I'm an Alpha Emily and if I want respect from my people then they need to fear me and how are they going to fear a man who's only weakness is their mate? I need to show them I have no weaknesses" He raised his voice slightly as he shook his head.

"I thought everyone had a mate?" I asked, what would make him any different for caring for his mate if everyone did?

He closed his eyes for a brief second taking his hand up to his head and for a brief second I thought he was getting angrier u too the corner of his lips turned up slightly.

"Love, your so fucking innocent." He mumbled breathing out a laugh as he strided over towards me his hands grabbing at the edges of my denim jacket.

"Yes baby, everyone has a mate. But I'm an Alpha Emily, if my people see me letting you act like that in public then their opinion on me will change. Don't get me wrong love act what you like in front of me, I enjoy seeing someone stand up to me but when we are out, that's when it can't happen" Four explained.

I furrowed my eyebrows biting my lip as I attempted to hold back a smart response that probably wasn't necessary, small baby steps.

"Then since you were being a dick, you can make it up to me" I let a smile grow on my face after a few moments silence as he looked at me this time a confused look wrote over his face.

"Haven't I done enough?" He groaned his expression playing a small smirk on his face narrowing his eyes once I pushed the side of his arm.

For once things were actually good.