Into The Unknown

Their reunion was necessary, a gut feeling had told her they would need to cross paths again. He was still the same Chris, they had both seen what could not be unseen. The true horrors of the new world, the loss, the chaos, the heartbreak. After a quick introduction between himself and Peter, he instantly started to recount his last few months. After Shiloh took off, Chris and Jill split up as well, traveling the country in search of answers. He wanted so badly to find survivors, but quickly realized the undead now outnumbered the living. After months of searching, he began to lose hope, realizing where the true answers would be found.

There was no point trying to survive alone in a world that held no future. He needed to fight, willing to lose his life in order to bring Umbrella down. He had spent weeks living in the manor, searching each and every inch in depth. Reading every file several times over, he slowly started to piece everything together, working on a plan he could never execute himself, but was willing to try. Reading through each paper, he came to a realization that Shiloh held the key to infiltrating The Hive. However, she was only half of the puzzle. Shiloh had never been pushed to her maximum capability, due to her relation with Wesker. Umbrella needed her, enough so to keep her alive at all costs. She was the first test, the first success. Quickly realizing how powerful she truly was, and how much that power was a risk to her own life, Umbrella decided they needed a second, less powerful experiment.

Umbrella worked for years, keeping both experiments under lock and key, making sure they would never cross paths. Even with the outbreak, teams worked tirelessly from afar, creating obstacles to hide them from each other. Chris was able to crack the code, gaining access to their most secretive of files. Years after Shiloh's first dose of the T-Virus, Project Alice - Alice, was introduced. A clone of one of Umbrella's most viable assets, created to fully test the limits of Shiloh's potential with no worry of her demise.

He tried for so long to hunt her down, hearing rumors of a mysterious woman traveling alone, avoiding Umbrella at all costs. She could blow up objects with only her mind, planning her next move carefully until the time would come to act. She had escaped Umbrella multiple times, knowing fully what they were capable of. On the run and put through more tests, she was able to control her abilities, down to almost an art. He knew if her and Shiloh could find each other, Umbrella would fall. Chris knew Alice would be drawn back tp Raccoon City soon enough, he needed to find Shiloh and take her to The Hive.

All of this was too much to process all at once, Shiloh didn't think she was ready for the mission. There was no guarantee she would even find this mysterious Alice inside. It could all be a trap, maybe Umbrella changed their minds and wanted her dead. She wasn't willing to risk their lives and her own based on a few rumors. Not quite yet at least.

Chris pleaded with her, trying to explain that it was the only option. The world had ended, they were all going to die soon enough. They might as well go out with a bang, taking down the company that started it all.

As much as she hated to admit it, he had a point. She couldn't live in a world like this forever. Even if she would die, at least she would die trying everything she could. Hesitant, she agreed to the plan. Infiltrating The Hive would be the most difficult and dangerous thing she had ever done. There was no opportunity for a surprise attack, she knew they would be tracking her, waiting for her to get desperate enough to walk right into their arms. Even if they could make it inside, the short journey there alone was a suicide mission. The undead swarmed the area, accompanied by every single one of Umbrella's most prized creations. Even with her powers, she could never take them all.

Their only option was to find another way, to travel deep underneath the city, avoiding as many of those monsters as possible.