Reborn

Shiloh woke from the trance, finding herself on the floor of the laboratory with Chris shaking her body. Instantly he pulled her slender body up so she would be sitting.

"Shiloh are you okay? Are you Infected?"

"I'm not sure..."

She sat still trying to collect herself. She held her arms outward, observing each one carefully. She didn't look infected, but she woke feeling so different. She could only describe the feeling of being as if she died and was reborn much stronger. Feeling a new spark inside of her she lifted herself up from her position. Motioning towards the small desk Shiloh picks up the documents once more, quickly shoving the files into her backpack. In a swift movement she jogged over to the door.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"I need to get out of the city... over the Arklay Mountains... and then I'm finding them."

"Funding who?"

"Umbrella."

Shiloh sprinted out the door, backtracking through the passageways finding herself in the front hall. Chris followed close behind, yelling for her to let him catch up.

"Hey, hey! Get back here!"

She stopped in place, turning to face him.

"You're not going to stop me -"

"I'm not trying to, look my partner Jill is outside we'll meet up with her and get the hell away from here together, huh?"

As much as she wanted to fight this alone - she knew she wouldn't last long out there by herself. She needed more weapons and knew Chris and his partner would have just that. Shiloh nodded in agreement to his request.

"We need to get out of here as soon as possible - I don't know what exactly but something bad is coming."

"What do you mean?"

"My mother has lied to me about many things, but she really stressed that I need to get far away from here. If she actually gave me that warning, it means something bad is going to happen to the city."

The two rushed out of the mansion, meeting his partner Jill outside. After a quick introduction they waved the mansion goodbye - relieved to be getting out of there. For some unknown reason the mansion made her feel safe. She was apprehensive about entering the thick forest. Those creatures could be anywhere and their only source of light had been the moon up above.

The three trudged through twigs and leaves, growls heard in the distance. After only a few more steps a zombie lunges itself towards Shiloh. She could only stand in place gazing towards the creature, lost in concentration. Jill and Chris quickly cocked their guns. Shiloh raised her arm out towards the creature, it's body being flung into the air, landing with a loud splat. The girl stumbled backwards , collapsing into Chris' arms terrified. Both STARS members stood in complete shock, still on edge. Chris held her reassuringly for a moment finally managing out,

"You did that with your mind, didn't you? You're incredible."

"I'm a monster."

Tears streamed down her pale face, clinging on to the strange man even tighter.

"Shiloh, you're not a monster for what they did to you. If you can master these abilities of yours you can use them to your advantage."

"I never asked for any of this, I just wanted a normal life."

"Well kid, none of our lives are normal anymore."

She couldn't help but laugh - he was right. Everything was going to change forever and her parents seem to have been involved in it all. She had never met her father - but she now had a name - Albert.

Shiloh was determined to find her answers and put an end to all of this - even if it could kill her. It was unclear of what Umbrella had planned, but a hunch told her they would be set up watching their sick dead unfold from outside of the city.