Ch. 11

Jace's POV

I said it. The words I've been having trouble admitting to even myself. I said them out loud and to him. Oh, God. It's been at least two minutes and he still hasn't said anything. The only thing keeping me from running away is the fact that he hasn't moved away. Actually, he's rubbing my back now. Which is calming my nerves.

"Um... are you going to say anything?"

He was silent for another second, "I don't really know what to say. I didn't expect this."

"There's... um... something else I need to tell you."

"Yeah?"

"I was awake."

He stiffened a little, "What do you mean?"

I moved my head back to his shoulder and angled my head up so I was looking into his eyes, "I was awake that night... when you spoke to me about your feelings. And when you... when you kissed me."

His face went red but his eyes didn't move away from mine, "Why didn't you say anything?"

This time my face went red, "I was shocked... I didn't know what to do."

He smiled a little and put his free hand on the side of my neck, stroking my jawline with his thumb, "It's okay. Wanna know what I would have done though?"

All I could do was nod and be mesmerized by his loving gaze.

He smiled and lifted my chin lightly, he leaned forward and spoke against my lips, "I would have kissed back."

I couldn't take it anymore. I closed my eyes and closed the gap between us. We smiled against each others' lips and kissed each other softly and slowly. During the kiss, I used my arm around him to pull myself even closer to him. I was in bliss.

When we pulled away I smiled, "I've wanted to do that for so long."

He smiled and lightly rubbed his nose against mine, "Me too."

Not being able to handle his intense stare, I ducked my head down again so it was laying on his shoulder. Causing him to ruffle my hair lightly.

After a few minutes of silence, he kissed my head, "Good night, Jace."

I lightly kissed his neck, "Good night, Alec."

**

"Oh my God! I'm so happy for you!" 

I smiled as the girls hugged me and Dallas smiled back at me, "Yeah, dude, that's great."

"Are you official yet?"

I shook my head, "No but I'm gonna talk to him about it at home."

Grace smiled, "This is so sweet!"

I rolled my eyes but my smile stayed as wide as ever. God, I am so happy.

Suddenly the bell rang, "Shit, we're gonna be late for class."

"Oh no!"

With that, we all ran in separate directions to our first classes. I took a different way than I usually do so I could maybe be on time for my class but that turned out to be a mistake. As soon as I turned the corner, I saw something that shattered my heart into a million pieces. Standing right there in the middle of the hallway was Alec and the school's hoe Kira. Eating each others' faces. Tears blurred my eyes as I turned around quietly and took the longest was to my class.

I walked in five minutes late and my teacher scolded me, "Jace, why are you late?"

I looked down, trying to hide my tears about to fall out of my eyes, "I'm sorry."

She sighed, "Go to your seat."

I nodded and walked to my seat in the back. I managed to hold my cries in the whole hour but as soon as the bell rang for the end of class, I bolted to the bathroom and locked myself in a stall. I silently cried my eyes out for a long time. I ended up missing my second class completely but I wasn't worried about that because I had that class with Alec.

In third hour I texted my friends about what happened.

G- Are you sure it was Alec?

J- Unless he has a secret identical twin that is wearing the same clothes, I'm pretty sure it was Alec

R- I'm really sorry Jace

D- Have you tried talking to him?

J- I don't want anything to do with him rn...

J- I missed second hour. I was in the bathroom crying

R- Aw, Jacey

D- If you don't feel okay to be at school, you should go to the nurse. Tell her you don't feel well and you want to go home

J- No... I can't do that.

Suddenly I got a text from Dallas in our private chat.

D- What are you going to do about your guys' sleeping arrangement?

J- I'm going to sleep on the couch until they can fix my room. We finally managed to get someone to look at it, we just need to schedule when they can fix it

D- Okay

D- I'm really sorry, man

J- It's fine. I should have known with our history that nothing could happen between us

D- We're here for you

J- Thanks, Dal

**

"Jacey, what are you doing?"

I didn't look up from setting up my bed of blankets and pillows on the couch, "I'm gonna sleep here until my room is fixed."

"Why, honey?"

I sat down on the couch and finally looked at my mom, who looked concerned, "I've stayed in his room as long as I can."

She sighed and sat down beside me, "I thought you two were getting along."

I just shrugged.

"Are you sure you want to stay on the couch? It'll still be a bit before your room is ready."

I nodded, "Yeah, I'll be fine."

She smiled lightly at me and kissed my head, "Okay, sleep well honey. Good night."

"Good night."

When she went up the stairs I went under my blankets and laid down facing the back of the couch. As I laid there, though, tears pricked my eyes. I still can't believe he would do that to me... I thought he was different.

"Jace?"

I froze.

"Are you awake?"

I stayed still, trying my hardest not to sniffle as the tears rolled down my face. After a few seconds, I heard him sigh and then make his way upstairs. When I heard his door shut I finally allowed myself to sniffle and I wiped off my face. Why did I let him get so much power over me?