Ch. 2

Alec's POV

"Would you like to order some appetizers while you wait for the rest of your party?"

My dad smiled at the waiter then looked at me, "Sure, what do you want, Alec?"

"Could we have the nacho platter, please?"

He smiled at me, "Of course, I'll be right back with that."

As he left, my dad looked at his phone and smiled.

I nudged him, "What's up?"

He looked at me and smiled again, "They're here. I told them the general area of where we are."

I nodded, "Cool, I can't wait to meet them."

Just after I said that I saw three people walking towards us and I smiled politely, but then I gasped.

**

Jace's POV (A little bit earlier)

I smiled adoringly at my little sister, "Come on, Jazzy, you need to choose one otherwise we can't get food."

"But I like them both!" Jasmine whined. 

I'm trying to help her get ready so we won't be late for dinner but she can't choose between the purple or the blue dress.

"How about you wear the purple one tonight, and the next time we go out you can wear the blue one?"

She thought for a minute and finally nodded resolutely, "Okay, Jacey!"

I smiled and handed her the purple dress as I put the blue one back in her closet, "You get dressed and then come downstairs to the living room, then we can go. Okay?"

She smiled and nodded as I left her room and shut the door behind her. Now it's time for me to get ready. After a few minutes of looking through my closet, I decided on a white knitted sweater (that I usually only wear on Christmas), and black skinny jeans. And, of course, my beloved hightop vans. Shortly after I finished getting ready, my mom and sister were ready too so we left for the restaurant. I don't know why but suddenly I feel super nervous. maybe because she hasn't told me who we're meeting. No idea. Oh well. After a twenty-minute drive, we finally arrived a little late but not by much. We went into the fancy restaurant, told the hostess that we already have people at a table, and my mom guided us to where she says the mystery people are. I put a nice smile on my face as we were walking and then my mom stopped in front of a table so I stood beside her while holding my sister's hand and my smile faltered as I saw who was sitting at the table. 

He gasped slightly as he looked at me while the man beside him smiled and stood up to hug my mom, "Hi Jenny, did you guys get here alright?"

I quickly took my attention away from him and focused on the man. He looks nice and around my mom's age. I mean, clearly he has to be because of who his son is.

My mom had a bright smile on her face, "Yes, we did. Sorry, we're a little late, we took a little too long getting ready." She ended off with a blush which made the man's smile widen.

It's so obvious they're together, and I think it's adorable.

I smiled at him, "Hi, I'm Jace and this adorable ray of sunshine is Jasmine."

"Hi!" Jazzy said cutely while smiling.

She is not a shy little girl at all.

He smiled at both of us, "It's nice to meet you two, I've heard so much about you. Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Paul, and this is my son Alec."

Alec stood up and smiled at my mom and Jazzy, only giving me a slight glance, which I'm not surprised about. I haven't been looking at him either.

My mom smiled, "Enough with the formalities, let's sit down."

Paul nodded and we all sat down. Paul and my mom were across from each other, I was across from Alec, and Jazzy was sitting on the end between me and Alec. If that makes sense.

"We ordered nachos as an appetizer shortly before you arrived so those should be out soon."

Jazzy's smile brightened when she heard about nachos, "Yay!"

Both my mom and I smiled as my mom explained, "Jazzy loves nachos."

Alec smiled at her and lifted his hand up for a high five, "So do I."

She high fived him and looked at him like he's an angel. He even put a spell over my sister!

Shortly after that, we got our nachos and we're given menus and we all ordered. Coincidentally, Alec and I ordered the same thing.

My mom smiled at us, "You two are so alike. You go to the same school, right Jace?"

I nodded, "The same grade too..."

Ugh, I hate this.

She and Paul looked at each other and smiled before Paul cleared his throat, "There is something that we would like to tell you, kids."

We stayed silent so my mom spoke up, "We're getting married!"

My mouth dropped open while Jazzy squealed and Alec stayed silent with a straight face.

I managed to put on a smile for them though, "I'm so happy for you!"

"Me too, but when did you get together?"

Paul thought for a moment, "About a year and a half."

Wow. How has my mom kept this secret for so long?

My mom looked sheepishly at me, "I wanted to tell you, Jacey, but I was worried how you'd react."

I heard Alec laugh a little at my nickname but I ignored it and smiled at my mom, "Excuse my language, but dad was a jackass. You deserve someone who will love you and take care of you, mom. Why would I react badly?"

She smiled and hugged me, "Thank you, Jace. And I don't know. I guess I was just scared."

"Can I be the flower girl?"

I laughed and looked at how excited Jazzy is. She looks like they just canceled school.

"Of course, sweety!"

Paul smiled, "And I would like you two to be groomsmen for me. Alec, of course, you will be my best man."

Alec smiled and I had to refrain from rolling my eyes at how perfect he looks, "How could I ever say no?"

Paul's smile widened, "Great! What do you say, Jace?"

I smiled at him, "Of course!"

I then looked at Alec as I noticed the adults' attention we're on each other. I slightly glared at him and he glared back.

Oh, this will be fun.