29:One Moment

Surprise!!! Two updates in a day. I told you that there is more surprises left for you and me. My birthday treat to y'all. Enjoy guys.

P.S.- I know due to time difference there'll be a confusion in some countries but let's consider that I posted two chapters within 24 hours.
_______________________________________________________________

Laura's POV

"Ross I gotta tell you something"

"Me too"

"You can go first"

"No, it's fine you go first"

We suddenly heard someone knocking the door. I was so startled that I held Ross' hand tightly.

"Neither of you should go first. You are not supposed to be here. Get back to your prom" Miss Jen said sternly folding her arms. Me and Ross awkwardly got up from the piano seat and kept walking until we reached the gym. We were very embarrassed cause there can be a million possibilities of what
Miss Jen could be thinking about two people in an empty, semi dark room.

"Okay guys, hold your breaths as it's time to announce this year's prom king and queen". Our school's cheer captain Tracey announced on the mic.

"So our prom Queen is.......our very own star LAURA MARANO"

What??? I didn't even know I was nominated let alone winning the crown. I must have passed out for a bit cause I felt Ross hugging and congratulating me and I dont even remember he did that. How could I not remember THAT? Ross broke the hug and then Raini hugged me.

"Congratulations Lauraaaa. I'm so proud. Go get that crown"

I hopped on the stage and wore the crown. My cheekbones were hurting from all that smiling but I didn't wanna stop. Today is my day and no one can take it away from me.

"And now for our prom king...drum roll please..... NICHOLAS WILSON" and my smile dropped. Wow... someone did take it away from me. He jumped on the stage and wore the crown that he doesn't deserve. That word 'king' makes me wanna puke now. He grabbed the mic with his one hand and encircled the other one around my shoulders.

"Thankyou people for voting. Me and Laura are very grateful." He said. I shrunk in his hold and cause I didn't want him to touch any part of me, not even my little finger. A hundred of memories flooded back in my brain.

"Okay now our King and Queen will start our slow dance". I was going to say I don't want to but he just grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the dance floor. I didn't even realise when the music started and when he swung me and forcefully started dancing with me. I cringed on every single finger he layed on my waist. I kept trying to get out of his hold but his grip tightened with my each and every effort.

"Stop trying baby girl. You can't get away from me now."

"Shut your face Nicholas and leave me" he pushed me more close to him

"You can pretend all you want oh great Laura Marano. But I know who you are. You are not strong or smart. I can still see that fear, that naiveness, that stupidity in your eyes I saw 6 years ago. You are nothing more than a pity case. You've always been who you are, alone and pathetic" My eyes start to water up. I got that feeling once again. The feeling of regret, the feeling of loss, the feeling of self hate. He was right. I am still scared and stupid. Suddenly I felt that his hand was no more there on my waist. I turned my gaze to find Ross tightly holding Nicholas's wrist.

"I think that's enough buddy, now back off from my date" I saw anger burning through his eyes.

"Ooohhh super star Ross Lynch is here. You can't do anything to me, your highness" he said with overconfidence.