26: Back Home

Laura's POV

We've been watching Riker and Vanessa hugging and kissing for like past half an hour. And it's not just us, half of the airport is starring them. Me and Ross' eyes must be exhausted with all that rolling.

"Riker sir, with due respect, can I please say my goodbyes to MY sister before we leave for 2 MONTHS. But only with your permission. No pressure" I said in a highly sarcastic tone.

"You do realise that I am leaving her too" he said still hugging her. And that was my last bit of patience.

"RIKER GET OUT OF THE WAY" I shouted on the top of my voice and the people who weren't bothered by us before, now were. I finally hugged Vanessa.

"I'm gonna miss you nessa. Thanks for coming."

"Anytime you fool. Ok thease are the spare keys to home, and you know where extra mattresses are right??" She said giving me a bunch of keys.

"Yes, have fun on shoot. Can't wait to see it" I said and we both got teary eyed now.

"Aww Laurie, I am gonna miss you so much" and she hugged me and we both left silent tears.

"Yo hoo....we have to catch flight today miss. Girls! Pfftt" Riker said annoyingly. Oh now he needs to catch a flight. I gave him a tough look and shut up.

"Don't you dare give him a hard time. Keep eyes on your man" Nessa warned/teased me.

"Shut it V"I said blushing.

"Ok fine. But listen idiot, you gotta tell him. See you are going to Sydney in a week, why don't you tell him there?? You know everything begins at home." Vanessa said holding my shoulders.

"It's not that easy"

" It was for me"

"That's because he sang you that song. And I wrote it. So weirdly I told you how much I like you" I said making a 'what-the-hell-did-I-just-do' face.

"Which brings me to conclusion that you just need to write a song and there is no question about your brilliance in it. Hey look at him, he can't take his eyes from you, I'm sure he feels the same way" She said pointing towards Ross.

"I think I can try"

"Good. All the best siso. I'll miss you. Now bye, you are gonna be late." I gave her a one last hug and we walked away with our bags inside the airport. We were in business class and I sat between Ross and Riker because everybody was already settled in and we were the last three.

"Hey laur, thanks for that song. 'Falling for you' might be the best song you've ever written"

"Thanks. How exactly did all of that happen???? You both haven't left each other since four days. I couldn't talk to any of you."

"It's a funny story. So I stood up on stage ready to sing the song to her. I was like hey this song is for and then I see her and said 'mom' "

"You said what??" I started laughing silently so I don't disturb anyone in the plane.

"Hey I'm already embarrassed about it. Then I just sang but I was looking at her so I guess she knew it was about her. I completed the song. Walked down. Mom hugged and thanked me. I walked up to her and said I...and count down starts to begin and kept saying "I" and then she goes "I've had enough of this" and kissed me. Everybody hooted and I thought it was for us but apparently it was New Year's noise" we both laughed. Vanessa actually did it.

"And what were you guys doing while all of this was in progress?"

"Except telling Laura that she is an idiot, nothing much" Ross said sarcastically