Kurplunk ; Chapter 11.

"I don't know.." I said with a stutter, I saw Nick's straight face go into a frown, I couldn't help but feel bad, even if he was being a total donkey only 10 minutes ago.

- 1 week later -

It was nearing Christmas and we were all excited, except Zach, who was caught up in doing homework and shit that he lost pretty much all of his Christmas spirit. We didn't blame him though, I mean, the poor guy has a bunch of shitty teachers that pile up the homework, and also, exams were nearing the end of January, and even though that sounds far away, it's really not.

Every year we would have a December 23rd Christmas party, we chose that date because Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were the family feasts, so we'd never see each other. The party was tomorrow and we did everything we could to convince Zach to come, we even tried bribing him with the whole turkey, he wouldn't budge, he thought it was "too risky" to leave his homework undone for one night.

- Next day -

We were in Nick's basement partying it up when we heard a knock at the door. We thought Zach finally came around and decided to show up, but when we opened the door, Cathy, Kayla, and Joanna were all standing there. They were dressed in designer clothing, which was a little much, I mean, this was a fancy party, but come on, way to show off. I guess I couldn't complain though, I was wearing a royal blue dress that was a designer brand, but I was also wearing converse with it, it was my style, I couldn't help it.

"Hey... can we join the party?" Kayla said, we could tell she was nervous, considering she'd kind of just showed up unexpectedly, but to be honest, as long as they weren't here to murder us, we were totally cool with it.

"Sure!" Nick said with a welcoming smile, it was awesome that he was so accepting, but he still also had that strong temper, but he's working on it. He took the remote that belonged to the stereo and blasted the music again. We all got into the party and we had quite an enjoyable time, at around 8:00 we all exchanged gifts. I always gave my gifts to charity, because of my religion, but I always kept one of them, so I didn't seem like a total bitch.

We continued with our party and Zach finally showed up at 9:30 and joined us. I noticed he was talking to Kayla a lot, which kind of bugged me, due to the fact that I was just sitting down at the corner table alone. I guess Cammy noticed, and she came over and sat on the other chair.

"Alright, what's bugging you?" Cammy said, with a lot of sympathy. I didn't know why, but whatever.

"Uh, well, let's see, my best friend is completely ignoring me." I actually had no emotion in my voice whatsoever when I said that, and I kind of got sad once I relized how bad it sounded.

"Well, speak of the devil," she said, nudging toward Zach, who was walking over to the table.

"I swear, those triplets have nothing better to do with their lives than talk about themselves." Zach said, slamming his hands down on the table, then he picked up my Sprite, and took a large sip of it.

"Great to see you too, bud." I said laughing. "What shinannigans were you stuck talking to Kayla about?"

"Shoes.... lots... and lots... of shoes..." He said, like he was out of breathe. He nudged towards Cammy to get out so he could sit down, she took the hint and got up. Although this almost looked set up, because usually, Zach wouldn't give a shit and he would just sit on my lap, we were close like that.

"Okay everybody, let's go upstairs for a while!" Cammy yelled across the basement. I started to get up but Zach grabbed my arm and I sat back down. What the fuck was going on?

We were alone in the basement in complete silence. We couldn't hear anything that was happening upstairs, it was like everybody purposely shut up to hear something, but I don't know, and I really don't care. I just blankly stared at Zach and shrugged. I didn't know what else to do.

"I have to tell you something..." he managed to utter.

I was so confused.