Kurplunk ; Chapter 7.

I'm a dumbass, really? Not deleting my texts? Ugh, whatever.

I ran back to Zach's house as fast as I could, hoping that he hadn't opened my phone and read the conversation. I suddenly found myself back in his room, with him just walking in.

"ZACH. WHERE'S MY PHONE?!" I said, panting.

"Uhh.. right there?" He said, pointing to my phone on the desk.

I snatched it up and observed it, looking for any sign of a future lie.

"Did you read anything? Any conversations?" I asked, curiously.

"No... was I supposed to?"

"Nevermind... bye!"

I jumped out the window and ended up running full speed around the neighborhood. Why? That was beyond me, and of course I crashed into someone, forcing me to fall.

"OH MY GOD. I am SO SORRY." I said, getting up from the ground. I automatically knew who I ran into. It was Joanna Kidd.

"Oh, it's alri-.. hey, you're that girl from the other night, you were with Zach when he fell over the stump!" She mentioned, and of course, she didn't remember my name.

"I'm Brandi." I said, filling her in.

"Oh yea! Aha, you're in my AP Math class, right?" she said with a smile. "You sit in front of me."

"Yup, that's me," I blankly stated, while also lending out a hand to help her up.

She grabbed my hand and I pulled her up to her feet.

"Yea well, I better get going now, talk to you later?" I said, avoiding eye contact as much as possible. I couldn't understand how some smart rich girl with a private tutor is still dumb enough to manage to forget my name, we've been project partners at least 4 or 5 times, but then again, it was beyond me.

"Yea!" Joanna said, fixing her plaid skirt. I don't get why she was wearing her uniform skirt, they were the ugliest things to exist, but I guess she liked them. "You wanna come hang out with me, Ryan, Jazmine, and Cory tonight?"

They were the most popular people in school. No way.

"I'll pass, but thanks anyways." I turned around and began to walk away.

I got back home and sat on my bed, went through my texts, and immediately deleted the conversation between Cammy and myself.

I heard a tap at the window and quickly threw my head to the right to see who it was. It was Nick, figures, we're the only people that hate using doors, so we do the easy thing and climb through windows. I walked over to the window, unlocked it, and watched as he climbed in.

"Ever heard of a door?" I joked, giving a smirk to back it up.

"Oh yeah, because you're so much better with doors."

He had a point.

"So uh.. why ya here Nick?" I said, checking my phone. I swear my phone was my biggest addiction.

"I need to tell you something..." He said with a serious tone.

I looked up immediately.