Kurplunk ; Chapter 1.

My name is Brandi, and this is my life.

It was just one of those days where all you wanted to do was drop down on the couch, grab a book, and read or something, but due to the mountain-high pile of homework that I had, I guess that wasn't happening.

I tried texting Annie, my best childhood friend before I moved to this shithole named Winnipeg, Manitoba, two years ago. I lived in Atlanta, Georgia for 13 years of my life and then I somehow ended up in Canada, I don't know why, though, my parents just randomly started packing up one day and claimed that we were moving.

After Annie didn't reply I assumed she was with her boyfriend, I never really got to meet him, but whatever, as long has he's not an asshole, I'm cool with it.

I couldn't figure out what to do, so I thought taking a walk would get my mind off of the huge pile of geo homework that Mr. Edwards gave me. He's kind of like, the biggest pedophile in the world, and he's really creepy, too. I put on my converse and headed out the door. It was fair outside, a little chilly, but nothing a hoodie and jeans couldn't fix.

I walked by the Smith's house and heard two voices arguing. I figured it was Nick and Cammy. They were brother and sister and they were the best of friends.. and the worst of enemies. Nick was one year older than Cammy and they had a three year old brother named Jake, who was starting to gain their attitude. Cammy was my best friend since the day I moved, and Nick?... Well, Nick and I had a very rocky start. We didn't get along at all and I'm pretty sure I hated him with a passion, but eventually we actually attempted to get to know each other and we finally settled our differences and now we're best friends.

I carried on my way and passed Zach Martin's house. Zach was kind of like this big-shot who thought he could get everything he wanted just by snapping his fingers, face it, his head was in the clouds. He was kind of conceited but he was nice when I first moved here, and we're probably the best of friends that anybody could imagine. We always hung out and had a habit of creeping Nick out by making sexual noises in the middle of science class whenever he'd sit in front of us.

About 3 blocks away there was the Kidd's house. They had 3 girls that were triplets, and their names were Kayla, Joanna, and Cathy. I didn't really know them, all I really knew was that their family was rich as shit. The parents were doctors and their aunts and uncles have a family-runned business that's booming like there's no tomorrow.

I glanced at my cell phone to see if Annie had texted back. Nothing. I then noticed the time and my jaw dropped. 8:15.

"Holy shit!" I said aloud, remembering the geo homework and I turned around and ran back home.