sixteen

"Well, isn't this a disaster waiting to happen." Hannah exclaimed as soon as she entered the gym, looking around.

"Hannah, please take a seat." Emma requested, gesturing towards the seat between Hope and Josie.

The brunette snorted, "Ha! No, thank you, my mind is already messed up as it is."

"Another reason to do this exercise."

Hannah shook her head and gave Emma a tiny piece of paper she produced out of nowhere. Emma's eyebrows furrowed as she examined the paper. "It's my excuse slip."

"Dr. Saltzman didn't sign this, or even wrote it." Hannah just smiled, dragging a chair over to the far side of the gym. "I know."

Sighing, Emma started her speech.

"As supernaturals, we all carry a burden. Our eyes are open to evil. And recently, you've had to face it. Some of us process these traumas by suppressing what happened."

Hope and Josie looked over to Hannah, who wasn't even listening and was just picking on her nails.

"For others, it's easier to bury it deep inside and pretend like nothing's happened at all."

Hannah giggled, everyone turning to her. "Like me after my parents died."

Emma disagreeingly shook her head at the giggling brunette. Josie looking at her with a concerned expression.

Emma continued only to be interrupted by the older Mikaelson, "Still, others may take s different route, such as-"

"Pushing people away in attempt to self - isolate? Because everyone they love is in perpetual danger, which often results in them becoming perpetually dead."

Hannah laughed even more, seemingly unbothered by the worried glances. "Same!"

Rolling her eyes, her older sister concluded, "That's it. That's my therapy. Can I go now? Because, uh, Landon's trying to fly outside and could use a spotter."

Shaking her head, Emma replied, "I'm afraid not, Hope, because the point is we can do better at processing the traumas we've been through."

Hannah silently groaned, she'd honestly rather end up reading books than participate in something that won't do any good for her mental health.

It's already fucked up, she'd rather not make it worse.

"Which is why, Dr. Saltzman has asked me to conduct a special group lesson today."

"Wait!" Hannah interrupted, everyone turning to her, "I am not doing group therapy. Emma, do you remember how that ended last time? I tried to burn Hope's hair!"

The girl in question just rolled her eyes and said nothing.

MG nodded in agreement while Josie threw her head back in a groan.

"I, for one, could really use this, and I would really appreciate everyone's support." Lizzie exclaimed positively.

"Lizzie," Hannah called out from where she sat, "I love you. But no."

"Honest, I don't know why I'm here but I'm down to help." MG added.

Emma smiled, feeling a little proud before she turned to Hannah, "You don't have to join in, just be present."

Hope scoffed, "Why does she get a pass?"

"I'm more messed up then you, sis." Hannah boasted, making Emma shake her head again in disapproval.

"You all have an important role to play in this simulation." Everyone, including Hannah, who was only gonna be a spectator, gave the councilor a frown.