"Of course, you've gotten lazy. Go home, Kid." She grumbles to Helen before motioning to Eddie to bring the map. "This is the building we are targeting." She points with a finger, tracing the path from their current location only a few blocks away. 

"There's an elevator that goes all the way to the 50th floor; from there, it's stairs for a few more flights to get to the top. It's the tallest building in that slot so I think we are safe from roof attacks, but it doesn't mean they won't try and come up from the stairwell. Once Nicolas starts moving this smog out, we can see them better, which means they can also see us."

Verando nods, "That's where we come in. Our job is to keep Nicolas and Tyler safe from cats and whatever else shows up to this thing. It'll be a good test of who is on our side and who isn't. I'm sure it will get a lot of attention; once the rain starts, we need to get the hell out of here. Using takes a lot of energy out of Solomonari so we might need to carry them back to the compound. 

If followed, we will take this back street and use this loop until the assailants have lost the trail. Do not lead anyone back to the compound, we can not allow anyone to capture Nicolas or Tyler. Does everyone understand?" 

He's met with a collective yes, and the uncertainty falls over the group. "Reid, Tonic, you know how I operate. Take Eddie and Helen, go up the fire escape, run recon on these allies, and make sure we aren't about to be ambushed. Communications need to be open. Marcello will accompany Marisol and me; we will go in the front door."

As the group splits, Marcello falls in beside Marisol as the trio heads for the massive brick building. It lumbers like a stone giant in the haze; dull lights flicker through the low visibility, disappearing as if engulfed by the smog. 

"It's going to suck being up there," Marcello utters, turning his respirator up. The sky emanates a grayish-brown hue, the color of a puddle; only it paints the atmosphere in the murkiest tones.

Marisol chuckles, doing the same. "We are going to be sitting chickens."

"Ducks, darling." Verando squints through the darkness, trying to see the top of the building. "Any plans on how to get inside without having to conquer an entire building?" 

Marcello motions them to follow him, and the two willingly take his lead, considering his level of experience and the general fact that he'd lived in this city his whole life.

"Just go inside and follow my cue. We need to get these people out of danger; god forbid these damned cats show up." In collective agreement, they break directions, and the man disappears around the building as Verando and Marisol enter the massive front doors that lead into the corporate office. 

The glow of computer screens mixes with the chitter of keys pressed by nails; the main entrance is a pristine gray tile dimly lit to save energy. A woman with glasses glances up at them before returning to her typing, blocking out her greeting with the exhale of her respirator.

As they stand in the entryway, Marisol pulls him aside and out of the way of the doors and view. "How did it go with Nic?"

"Well, he hasn't spoken to me in days. I told him what happened, I told him I slept with Anuetta." She swings to slap him, and he ducks away from her hand, having had this reaction once before. "I did it to avoid being blamed for her murder. There was a plan." 

In a quick motion, she tries to knee him, and he narrowly avoids her assault. 

"What is it with you people and my bits?! I didn't enjoy it!"

"You asshole!" She hisses at him, keeping her voice down as she resorts to pulling the gun off her back and thumping him in the stomach with the butt. He grunts, clutching where the blow landed. "Are you kidding me right now? You cheated on him?! What the hell is wrong with you?! I can't believe I felt bad for you; you have not changed one bit!"