Chapter 25: Please

Hey guys! I'm going to try a new text format from here on out, centering the text! Let me know how you like it! ❤️

Aaron sighed. "Your father wants me to wait until I come home from the war to marry you."

My eyes went wide. "Aaron! The war could end ten years from now! Please don't go!"

He hugged me close. I started sobbing.

"Please, don't leave me alone again, Aaron!"

He gently stroked my hair. "I'll be back before you know it."

"Goddammit, Aaron! Stay here with me," I sobbed.

He released the hug and cupped my cheek. "You're (Y/N) Schuyler. You're the strongest, smartest girl I know. You don't need me."

I leaned into his touch. "Please, don't go, Aaron."

He kissed my forehead. "I'll be back before you know it."

I sighed. "I love you, Aaron."

He smiled. "I love you too. Here, I forgot to give you this."

Burr took a small ring with a gold band and a beautiful diamond and placed it on my ring finger.

"I'll miss you, (Y/N) Burr."

"You aren't leaving yet, are you?"

He shook his head. "You have me the whole night, Mrs. Burr."

I smirked flirtatiously. "The whole night?"

He raised my hand to his lips. "I'm yours."

I smiled. "Let's go."

I stood in the battlefield in Yorktown. I was tending to injured soldiers. The smell of smoke was choking. I coughed and turned to see Aaron.

"(Y/N)!"

Suddenly, his expression turned shocked. Blood rolled out from the corner of his mouth. There was a bullet wound through his torso.

"Aaron, no!"

I woke up covered in sweat. It was just a dream, (Y/N). Just a dream.

I looked outside. It was that time of morning where is was barely light outside, still mostly consumed by the night. I looked to the other side of my bed. Aaron was already gone.

I sighed and got out of my bed. I had an idea but it would be risky. I put on a nice, blue dress and a blue bonnet with white ruffles.

I'm going to make sure that dream I had doesn't become a reality.. Even if I have to ruffle a few of Washington's feathers.

I called a carriage to take me back to Washington's camp. I was lucky that there was a carriage available this early. I climbed on and sat down to the left from the window.