Chapter 5: The Winter's Ball Pt. 2

I run inside and found the letter, laying calmly on the table. I opened it, pondering if I knew anyone else from Princeton College. I carefully read the letter...

      My dearest (Y/N) Schuyler,

    First off, my apologies for the late notice but I will be coming over later. I sent a letter ahead just to prepare you. I hope you are well today. I'll see you most likely within three hours of sending this. I hope you're having a wonderful day.

A. Burr

"This is the most formal letter I've ever received..."

"He is a gentlemen for giving you forewarning, I'll give him that."

"When did this letter arrive?"

"About three hours ago."

"JADE!"

"Hm?"

"HE COULD ARRIVE ANY MINUTE!"

"Oh! Apologies."

A knock comes at the door, I automatically assume it would be Burr so I quickly straighten up my hair and dress as James, our doorman, lets him in.

James gives Aaron his signature doorman 'frowning, eyes narrowed glance' "Yes?"

"Hello. I'm here to see a Ms. (Y/N) Schuyler if she's here."

I speak up, "I'm right here. Hello, Mr. Burr, good sir."

Burr sees me and his face lights up, he bends over and gently kisses my hand, "Ms. Schuyler! A pleasure, as always.

Jade quietly whispers to James, "I ship it.."

I overhear but ignore, "You're too kind, Burr. Shall we go talk in the back garden," I look at Jade, "for some privacy?"

"Well, I only came here to ask one thing. Would you like to accompany me to the Winter's Ball today?"

"Sure, I would love to come with you."

Burr smiles, "Thank you, Ms. Schuyler. That's all I came here to say."

    I felt my cheeks warm up, "B-but you're not going to stay?"

     "Hey, I'd love to but I, sadly, have some assignments to catch up on. I'll pick you up at 8?"

    "Alright, it was nice to see you, Mr. Burr."

    He lightly kisses my cheek, sending shivers down my spine, "The pleasure is all mine, Ms. Schuyler."

    As he walks outside, I stand in place, completely flustered. He kissed my freaking cheek.

    "So," James approaches, "when is the wedding?"

    "If anyone who works here teases me about this, I will have a word or two with my father about their jobs."

James and Jade backed off. I knew that Jade has been with us since we were young children. She's been working here since Angelica was 6 so I knew she cared for each and every one of us dearly. James never put all of his effort in his work. He would only interact with us if he absolutely had to and never was too warm when he did. I knew from eavesdropping that he had a wife and son that passed away within a month and his parents had been long gone so he needed money badly.

"Alright. I'm going upstairs to get ready, I'll be down in a minute."

I quickly walked upstairs, my (F/C) gown flowing by my feet. I was very excited to get ready for the ball, shame, I'm not the best dancer but at least I don't have to stand on my partner's feet.

    Several hours later because laziness

   I had just finished my makeup. I liked knowing that one, Burr was my date to the ball and two, I would have a date and my sisters wouldn't. I pulled up my hair into a bun (If your hair is above your shoulders like my hair, just pretend you combed it and braided it away from your face). I heard a knock at the door. It's time.

      OMG NEARLY 50 VIEWS! TYSM!
     - Em