Chapter 8: The Contract

Before we begin:
Y/N is going to attempt to end her own life. I cannot measure the sensitivity of my audiences so if this makes you sensitive, please skip this chapter. Thank you! - Em

Also, just wondering... How did you find my story? I'm a curious smol bean~
=============================

    "I- I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're referring to.."

Before I can comprehend, he's next to me on the counter. He slowly turns off the stove and invades my personal bubble.

"I thought you Schuyler sisters were smart. You must know what I mean."

"Sir, please back away."

He smirks. A cold feeling crawls up my spine. He isn't just staying the night...

"Check your letter box in a few days for your copy on the contract."

I feel all my happiness drain. The only reason he came wasn't for housing, it was for marriage. This is because I'm a Schuyler.

I sink to the floor, tears sliding down my cheeks. In the span of one night, my freedom has vanished. He leaves while I'm sobbing uncontrollably. Why would this happen? I've done nothing wrong.. Please, God...

    The next minute is a blur. I see my sisters comfort me. It doesn't help. I still continue sobbing. I begin walking toward the door. I can escape this. I don't need to let Charle control my life. I'm going to die a free woman, not the wife of a British Soldier.

    It's abnormally quiet tonight... The streets are usually flooded with people. Today I only see the occasional passerby. I near the bridge above a small river.. It's a high enough bridge I presume..

    I ease my leg over the railing and stare at the rushing water below. I grab a pole as I hoist my other leg over. The wind pulls my hair and dress to the side. I'm actually about to do this

    I take a deep breath.. And someone grabs me from behind and wraps his arms around me. I suddenly am being jerked back.

"Let me go!"

I turn and see Burr. His facial expression is worried and on the verge of tears.

"Burr, let me go! Please!"

"I'm not going to do that."

    I bury my face in his chest, "I'm so sorry, please don't be mad at me."

    He sits down on a nearby bench and tangles his warm hand into my (H/C), (H/T) hair, "I could never be mad at you.. You just really scared me, (Y/N)."

    I look up at him, his expression is unreadable. Is he upset? Is he angry? I can't tell...

    "Promise me you won't do that again, please."

    "I promise."

    He quickly hugs me, crying quietly. I hug him back. If I'd known that I'd upset him this much, I never would've tried to jump off of the bridge.

"Please, just stay alive with me, (Y/N)."

    I nod once. And then look at him. He's going off to join the war. How can I stay alive for him if there is a chance that he can't do the same?

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Alrighty.. I'm going to take a vote.

So, pick one, please!

Longer chapters with more writing and more distant publish times

Or

Shorter chapters with less writing and more rapid publish times.

Thank you so much and have a great Morning/ Afternoon/ Night

                                                    - Em