I nodded my head in understanding and I made a mental note to check on the babies before I left. I always made it a point to know all the little ones in residence. The evening wore on and Jayden got fussy so Mrs. Russell took him to put him to bed for the night. Ellis was a little disappointed but he got over it as we sat down to the formal dinner that Rafael had catered. The food was superb and the conversation around the table was wonderful. It warmed my heart that all that these people have come together to accomplish something so special. The house had been completely renovated; the rooms now all had central heating and air conditioning.  

The teen’s wing now had computer room the teens can use them for homework instead of taking the bus all the way to the library. The bathrooms were all renovated and housed several showers and all the amenities the children needed, from steeping stools to training potties for the younger ones. The kitchen now had a huge fully stocked pantry, industrial stoves and ovens along with a restaurant grade refrigerator. All the furniture from sofas to cribs has been replaced with newer safer ones. The house is completely baby proof and the game room rivaled a professional arcade. The children here wanted for nothing and in the broad spectrum of things that was all I really wanted to accomplish. And with the help of the Foundation and the funds it is steadily collecting, it will remain that way for a long time to come.

I looked over at my man and I studied him sitting there in his formal tuxedo and my heart swelled in my chest and my mouth watered. He laughed at something Stephanie said and I could do nothing but stare at the absolute beauty if the man inside and out. Ellis turned to take a sip of his sparkling water and caught my gaze. He winked at me and squeezed my hand underneath the table and I squeezed his right back. Words could never express how much I love this man. I could just show him everyday how much I cared as I take care of him and he takes care of me.

The night wore on with after supper coffees and pastries from that quaint French Bakery we found on Cameron Ave being served. I noticed that Mrs. Dubois and her husband were here along with her nephew, Taylor and his bad boy boyfriend Evan. I had to say that the big guy cleaned up really well and looked exceptionally handsome in his tuxedo, but no one could hold a candle to my debonair man. He was my everything, the brightest and handsomest star in my world. And I was proud to be the one that he chose. Ellis reminded me on a daily basis that I was his Christmas miracle, and that it was because of me there is no Bah Humbug in his world this year or the years to follow as long as I remained at his side.

I remembered the night he first whispered those words in my ear and I had burst into tears. I was the blessed one and I knew it. I had one more semester before I graduated with my degree in Graphic Design and I already had offers from some of Ellis’ clients for their marketing and design businesses. One of the main ones I was considering was Roche Marketing and Advertising Inc. I looked down the table and spied Mr. Marcus Roche himself and his World renowned artist of a husband, Corey Roche. One of the Sugar babies were friends with Gavin Carter, Mr. Roche’s business partner and music mogul Damien Carter’s husband.

 Matty, my friend and unbeknownst to me at the time is a Sugar Baby, he used to work in their private club during our first year in school together and he introduced me to Gavin, and the rest was history. I could never understand how Gavin wrapped both of those strapping men around his little fingers. It was too cute. His intense husband, Damien was simply stunning, and Mr. Roche hovered over him like a protective big brother while Gavin himself simply fussed over everyone, especially Corey. There were some real heavy hitters in this room tonight, but you would never know by the way everyone was getting along.

It was close to midnight and everyone was making their way over to St. Paul’s Church for midnight mass. Mrs. Russell looked tired but pleased as people thanked her for her hospitality. There was a slow procession towards the church and Thomas double parked and let us out right at the steps so we could make our way inside with all the limos and luxury cars circling to drop off all those attending the Christmas mass. I had so much to be thankful for this year and the main person was holding my hand as he led me up the stairs.