The Similarities and Differences Between the B.F. and D.C. Zodiacs

Alright, if anyone remembers Breaking Free, you might've realised that the Breaking Free Zodiacs and Daybreak's Crest Zodiacs are actually very similar in terms of appearances! Why? (I was lazy and I did not want to come up with twelve more designs and different hair colours. That's why.) But here, I'll discuss their similarities and differences... because why not? (Nobody asked for it but here I am! Anyway, on with it!)

Warning: May contain spoilers for Breaking Free. Also may contain spoilers for Daybreak's Crest up to whatever chapter I've published, but just very mild spoilers.

-x-x-x-

Aries

- The Breaking Free Aries and Daybreak's Crest Aries are very similar in terms of appearance. Red hair (Daybreak's Crest Aries has slightly darker red hair, though) and green/teal eyes. Both are relatively tall compared to the rest of the group, too.
- However, Breaking Free Aries is the more mature one of his fire elemental group, while Daybreak's Crest Aries... well, he's not... 'not mature', but he's definitely a lot more carefree, especially with his lovely deputy Scorpio around to guide his way.
- The Aries from both worlds share a close relationship with the Scorpios of their worlds, with the Breaking Free Aries being because they shared a rough experience and eventually became close, while the Daybreak's Crest Aries has a close relationship with Scorpio because they're childhood friends. Also, D.C. Aries bickers with D.C. Scorpio a lot more. Like, a lot.
- Also, Daybreak's Crest Aries is related to Sagittarius while Breaking Free Aries is not. Aries and Sagittarius in Daybreak's Crest share your typical sibling relationship; arguing, teasing, insults – and this is a little toned down in Breaking Free because they're not siblings.

Taurus

- Both share very similar appearances, with brown hair and green eyes. They're also the tallest of their groups.
- However, their personality varies a lot, and that's because of the environment they grew up in. B.F. Taurus is much more open and much more of a dork, and he loves to cook. However, D.C. Taurus has had a rough childhood – being kicked out of his own home and family to join a group of mercenaries who eventually all died, leaving him the sole survivor... yeah, rough times. Also, after that, our dear Taurus went on a little bandit rampage and brutally murdered every bandit with his axe while brooding at bars and drinking (underage? Who knows!). He stopped when Aries, Scorpio and Sagittarius – the original Zodiacs – came around and managed to force him to stop, and ended up convincing him to join their group. Taurus became a lot more mild mannered, and adopted a more of an indifferent attitude to things, while putting his brutal, violent streak into murdering dark monsters instead.
- D.C. Taurus also is unusually strong (like K.I. Taurus, but we're not going there).

Gemini

- Gemini's appearance is one of the most drastic changes. Breaking Free Gemini had red hair and orange tips with brown eyes while Daybreak's Gemini has pink hair and purple eyes. They're about the same height, I'd imagine – maybe D.C. Gemini is shorter.
- They still retain a similar cheerful, mischievous personality. However, Breaking Free Gemini actually has slightly darker thoughts – and by that, I mean hiding her true feelings behind a smile. Daybreak's Crest Gemini does not do that (or rarely does that), and is a little more open since her best friends are Libra and Aquarius, who she doesn't mind opening up to. Daybreak's Crest Gemini doesn't play as many pranks, but she probably would have if she hadn't been stuck in a castle her whole life.
- D.C. Gemini is a lot more talented with physical weapons like daggers than B.F. Gemini, because B.F. Gemini had magic. However, both Geminis are not particularly good with carrying heavy weapons.

Cancer

- Breaking Free Cancer had light blue hair with white tips (and magenta eyes) while Daybreak's Crest Cancer had light blue hair with pale yellow tips and orange-brown eyes. They're both very short, but I think B.F. Pisces would have been shorter than B.F. Cancer while D.C. Cancer is the shortest of the D.C. Zodiacs.
- Huge personality changes. D.C. Cancer's 'fake' personality, or the act she puts up, is a little like B.F. Cancer, who was shy, timid and emotional. But D.C. Cancer's personality is a huge change from that – sarcastic, easily frustrated and snappy. However, both of them needed a Sagittarius to level out their personalities – whether it be a B.F. Sagittarius to give them some confidence or a D.C. Sagittarius to counter her snappy nature.
- D.C. Cancer was a thief. B.F. Cancer wasn't. What more do I have to say?
- D.C. Cancer is also a lot 'quicker' than B.F. Cancer too, since she relies on close combat with daggers, while B.F. Cancer can just use magic. They both do healing though – B.F. Cancer with actual, magic healing while D.C. Cancer just throws some bandages around your arm and calls it done (well, no, she's actually the best medic in the Zodiacs... or basically the only one)