♥Chapter Eight♥

Blaise wasn't anywhere to be seen when Harry woke up. He rubbed his eyes and sat up. He heard voices coming from the open door and frowned as he recognized Ron and Blaise's voices.

"Bonded? Doesn't that mean..." Ron began.

"Yes," Blaise interrupted. "Since Draco is of that age, then there isn't a lot of time."

"Did you even tell Harry?"

"Of course not. I know his record. He'll run off and do something stupid. Draco will never forgive me if he gets hurt."

"He could rescue Draco."

"Yeah right. I know Lucius better than anyone, besides maybe Draco. He won't hesitate to kill his son's Bond. In fact, he will more than happy to. The only thing that stopped him from doing so was the Dark Lord."

"Then why are you telling me?"

"I need your help. I'm going to go and rescue Draco myself. You need to keep Harry preoccupied while I'm gone."

"Why?"

"He's smart. He'll know what I'm doing if he notices I'm gone."

"So I just need to make sure that he doesn't notice? Easy enough."

"It isn't as easy as you think," Harry stated as he stepped out. Blaise cursed and Ron just smiled uneasily.

"You aren't coming," Blaise frowned.

"I am," Harry growled.

"No. Draco doesn't want you getting hurt and I need someone to look after him if anything," he paused and gulped before continuing quietly. "If anything happens to me."

"Then you tell me about this whole Bond thing," Harry snapped. Blaise hesitated before rubbing a hand over his face.

"Fine," he sighed, sounding much too old. "A Bond is created from a kiss. The Hybrid kisses their chosen Bond and they become linked, even more strongly then between the Hybrid and their Alpha. They become sensitive the each other's magical currents. That's why Draco's wand burned you. It was warning you that he was in danger."

"Could I use this link to find out where he is?" Harry asked.

"Yes, but that isn't necessary because I know where the Manor is," Blaise stated. Harry sighed. "Anyway, the Bond is strong but it can be broken. Either by the Hybrid kissing someone else or by the Alpha, in this case, me, using their link to break it."

"Wait, didn't you say that you kissed Draco?" Ron frowned.

"It is physically impossible for a Hybrid to bond with their Alpha," Blaise shrugged. "Another thing is that the Bond heightens...*cough*... Pleasure."

"How do you know?" Ron asked.

"I read it somewhere," Blaise said uncomfortably. "Anyway, I have classes that I need to attend."

Harry and Ron followed his lead and walked to their first class. Incidentally, it was Potions.

"Alright, today we will be working on..." Harry zoned out as Snape droned on and focused on working on a way to rescue Draco.

"Harry, are you paying attention?" Hermione hissed. He snapped back just as Snape called on him.

"What was that?" He smiled sheepishly.

"Mister Potter, detention for not paying attention in my class," Snape sneered. "If you had been paying attention, you would have realized that the headmaster wanted a word with you."

Harry nodded and stood up, walking out without another word. He ran to Dumbledore's office and quickly stated the password. The gargoyle sprang away and he raced up the stairs. He stopped just outside the door to catch his breathe.

"Come in, Harry," Dumbledore called. Harry jumped and walked into the office. Blaise was already sitting across from him.

"You wanted me, sir?" Harry asked.

"I was just informed about the situation involving Mister Malfoy," Dumbledore stated. "I wish I would have been informed earlier but one can't change the past. I wanted to be assured that you would not go after him. We can not risk that."

"But, sir..." Blaise began.

"Don't worry, Mister Zabini, someone will rescue Draco," Dumbledore assured them.

"Who?" They asked simultaneously.

*♡*

"He wants us to do what?" Sirius frowned.

"He wants us to rescue Draco Malfoy," Lyddie states.

"Why? Aren't the Malfoys Death Eaters?" Remus asked.

"Malfoy is a Hybrid, as you saw," Lyddie explained. "Harry is Malfoy's Bond."

"Bond?" They repeated.

"Yes," Lyddie nodded. "They are still early in the Bond. If we don't rescue Draco soon, then..."

"We understand," Sirius snapped, cutting her off. "Why us?"

"Dumbledore doesn't want Blaise and Harry to go after him," Lyddie replied. "I agree with him. Those two are too young."

"Let's just worry about getting into the Malfoy Manor," Sirius suggested.

"We don't need to worry about that," Lyddie assured them. "Snape can help with that."

"Snape? Are you sure?" Remus frowned.

"Yes, I'm sure," Lyddie hissed. "He's a reliable man."

"Reliable, huh?" Sirius smirked. "Sounds like someone has a bit if a crush."

"Oh, grow up," Lyddie snapped, hitting him in the arm.

"You're just jealous cause I got to Remus before you could," Sirius grinned, wrapping an arm around him.

"Seriously? Are you always going to be a child?" She snapped.

"Till the day I die!" Sirius vowed.

"Which hopefully isn't for a long time," Remus smiled thinly.

"Back to the matter at hand," Lyddie frowned.

"When do we leave?" Remus asked.

"Tonight," Sirius answered. His voice was firm and determination filled him. "We'll get into the Manor and get him out at quickly as possible."

They nodded and Remus snuggled into Sirius's side as Lyddie stared into the fire. Her eyes turned dark and Remus and Sirius exchanged glances.

"If they have hurt him..." She trailed off menacingly and her ears flattened against her head.

"Lyddie, you need to calm down," Remus said gently.

"He's going to be fine," Sirius stated. "We are going to get him out of there and then he will be safe."

Her eyes turned back to blue and she sighed.

"I guess," she nodded.