♥Chapter One♥

Draco sighed and ran a hand over his blonde tail. It was the exact color of his hair. He stood up and walked onto the bathroom. He looked in the mirror and ruffled his hair around the two feline ears that was sticking out of the top of his head. Tomorrow he was going back to Hogwarts. His fifth year. He sighed again and walked back into his room, his tail dragging on the ground. Another year of hiding who he was. Luckily, he had a room with his best friend Blaise and Blaise knew about his....condition, as his father called it.

"Knock, knock!" Draco jumped and rushed to hide his tail. He turned to see Blaise leaning against the door frame.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be getting ready to go back to Hogwarts?" Draco asked, allowing his tail to swish behind him.

"Well, my parents will not be able to take me to the train tomorrow so they asked your mom if I could stay and she could take me," Blaise explained. Draco nodded and wrapped his tail around himself.

"That's a good thing, I guess," he smiled. Blaise raised an eyebrow and sat next to him.

"You guess?" he asked. Draco grinned, showing his sharp feline teeth.

"I mean, it is a good thing but are you sure that you want to be seen with me? I can't hide this," he gestured to his tail. "forever and something tells me that this is going to be the year that my secret is exposed."

"You really think I'm that shallow?" Blaise laughed. Draco blushed and his ears flattened against his head. "We have been friends for years and I would never leave you."

"You sound like a Hufflepuff," Draco laughed. Blaise glared at him and pushed him off the bed.

"Would a Hufflepuff do that?" he growled. Draco laughed and his laugh was so contagious that Blaise was soon laughing too. After a while, Draco yawned.

"I think that we need to get to sleep," Blaise smirked. Draco nodded and they settled into the bed. Soon, they fell asleep.

The next morning, Draco woke up with his tail pinned underneath Blaise. He tried to pull it out but he ended up just whimpering in pain.

"Draco? Are you okay?" Blaise asked sleepily.

"You're on my tail," he whimpered.

"Oh, I'm sorry," he said as he moved. Draco got up and stretched.

"We have about an hour before we have to leave so I am going to get ready," Draco announced. After a few spells, his tail and ears were hidden.

"I don't see why you just embrace who you are," Blaise stated as they walked onto platform 9 3/4. Draco rolled his eyes as they sat in a compartment.

"Because no one else would. I am a freak," Draco told him. Blaise was about to argue but Draco cut him off. "I'll be right back."

He walked out and found an empty compartment.  He took the concealment charm off of his tail and wrapped it around himself. He pulled his knees under his chin and stared out the window.

It was really the perfect day outside and the sun felt so good on his skin. He leaned back and fell asleep.

"Draco!" He snapped up and came face to face with Blaise.

"Don't do that, Blaise. You scared me," Draco frowned.  Blaise laughed and told him to get ready. The train soon stopped and Draco frowned.

"We haven't seen Potter at all yet," he pointed out as they got off the train.

"Why do you care, Malfoy?" a voice behind them asked. They turned around and saw Harry.

"I was just hoping that you wouldn't be here this year. Guess that it was just to good to be true," Draco sighed venomously.