Chapter Thirty One

Chapter Thirty One

Mac's POV

"What the actual Hale? Why am I looking at fetus Derek?" I asked as soon as I walked into the exam room. There lay 16 year old Derek Hale. He was unconscious on the table.

"That's what we're trying to figure out." Scott said to me.

"So first you go to Mexico, without me I may add. Then you bring back baby Derek? What did you guys do out there?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"That's actually a long story." Stiles said but I just glared at him. It was probably his idea to leave me behind.

"Like I told them before you got here Mac, there's not much we can do until he wakes up. I'll stay here." Deaton said as the ever responsible adult, "You guys should probably go home. He doesn't look to be in any danger. So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep? It is a school night... And you all need to start taking care of your own lives again."

"Someone should stay with you." Scott said. I was all set to volunteer but Lydia beat me to the punch.

"I'll stay. My grades are fine... Despite missing a few classes." Lydia said. She probably is pulling straight A's right now.

"I'm so not okay with this." Stiles said, and Lydia rolled her eyes.

"Guys, go." She said. Of course Stiles tried to argue back but Scott, being the stringer of the two dragged him out the door. Isaac and I were close behind.

"I'm surprised you're not staying." Isaac said as we walked to my car in the rain.

"Well I want to, but as many times as I've ditched English when Jennifer was the teacher and then Helena, I'm pretty sure I'm failing. If I wanna graduate on time, I gotta get my stuff together."

"Yeah, all the time I missed school when I first became a werewolf has really hurt my grades." Isaac said.

~

"It might surprise you to know that some of history's greatest leaders have had to endure some pretty great failures. One you'll recognize from last night's reading failed in business, had a nervous breakdown, was defeated for both houses of Congress, and lost as Vice President, before he was finally elected as one of the greatest presidents that this country has ever seen. Who was he?" Mr. Yukimura said. My hand shot up. I know this one. Lin Manuel Miranda taught me well.

"Malia." He said bringing my attention to our resident werecoyote who was going hard with the red marker in her textbook. She looked up at him in panic with a yellow highlighter clenched in her mouth. Just then Scott's phone dinged.

"Scott, phones off. Malia? One of our greatest presidents. Gettysburg Address?" Again a phone when off, it was mine.

"Mac." Mr. Yukimura said in a warming tone.

"I'm turning it off." I said hitting the power button. Next it was Stiles' phone.

"Phones off. Everyone. Malia?" He said and she gave him that same panicked expression. "Does anyone else know?" Everyone but Scott and Malia raises their hands. Another phone went off.

"I said phones off!" Mr. Yukimura said angrily.

"Dad, that was yours." Kira said from her head. Her dad went to his phone.

"Oh. Um..." He said and read the message aloud. "Scott, call Lydia."

That's the story of how I found myself missing more school and standing in the vet clinic with my roommate and my brother watching Lydia patch the good doctor's wounds.

"I don't think he's just younger in body. I think he's younger in his mind too." Deaton said.

"He didn't recognize either of us And he looked like he was scared out of his mind." Lydia confirmed Deaton's theory.

"So if you're a teenage werewolf and you're scared, where do you go?" Stoles asked.

"A wolf goes back to its den, but Derek lives in a loft." Scott said.

"Not when he was a teenager." Stiles pointed out.

"The Hale House?" Lydia asked.

"He wouldn't remember the fire. It wouldn't have happened yet." Deaton pointed out.

"Let's try and catch up with him." I said. The boys and I turned to leave but Lydia stopped us.

"Hold on. Say you do manage to catch up to him? What are you going to say to him? That his whole family is dead?" That was a good point.

"I guess I'm going to have to." Scott said

"Oh... Good luck with that." Lydia said.

"Yeah that probably isn't the best plan." I said.

"She's probably right. Maybe you shouldn't. You know, at least until we figure out how to get him back to normal." Stiles whispered.

"I can't lie to him." Saint Scott appeared.

"Okay, I'll do it." Stiles volunteered. Of course he would. This is Stiles we're talking about.

"I don't think any of us can. Remember, he can hear a heartbeat rising. When we find him, we tell him the truth." Scott said looking at all of us.

"If he gets to the house first, you won't have to." Deaton said. While lying isn't the best way to go about it, I really hope we can beat him to the house. Try and spare him some pain.

———————————

With the Coronavirus pandemic happening and pretty much being on lockdown. I'm gonna try my best to do some kick ass writing and get a few chapters out. I said try lol. Because I still have school, even if it is all online now.

Let me know what you think?

941 Words

Remember, COMMENT, VOTE, LIKE, SHARE, FAN, CHECK OUT OTHER STORIES, ETC.