10.

// vulgar language & homophobic slurs, just a warning !!!

too early, way too early. seriously, who even needs to wake up at seven a.m., it was unnecessary. the sky was barely awake, the sun just risen as hyunjin groggily opened his eyes, groaning loudly at the sound of his alarm clock.

hyunjin hated mondays, even more now that he knew seungmin was in his school. they've been friends for a few days over a week and the younger male had refused talking in school.

hyunjin didn't know why, maybe the younger liked focusing on his grades, he knew seungmin wasn't insecure about himself as him and hyunjin hung out a few times over the week, but seungmin just always refused to speak to hyunjin during school.

the older had approached him a few times last week, always getting ignored or simply a small nod. he never brought it up to seungmin, he didn't want to make the younger uncomfortable.

so as hyunjin got ready for school, he could only think about how much he wanted seungmin to officially join his small friend circle, though he figured that wouldn't happen anytime soon.

when hyunjin arrived at school, he headed straight to his locker as he normally does, there he meets jisung then they walk to class, but today was a tad different as there was a fight in the hallway again.

"fucking whore, just like your mom." the taller of the two boys slurred and he landed another punch into the boy, hyunjin's eyebrows furrowing as he looked on the scene, a crowd obviously formed.

the smaller boy was on the floor by now, his hood hiding his face from the crowd of students but hyunjin had heard a few girls whispering about kim something but hyunjin wasn't really listening, too entranced by the fight.

"i bet you suck dick too, doing your mom's dirty work, huh? bet you like doing it too, faggot." the boy continued on, by now kicking the smaller's sides.

groans of pain left the boy on the ground, he clearly gave up defending himself as he let himself get hurt by the bigger boy.

"dude, shut the fuck up. what did he even do to you?" a voice in the crowd spoke up, belonging to the slightly popular senior, bang chan.

chan stepped into the small circle, grabbing the taller boy, who hyunjin genuinely didn't know at all, and spoke again, "he's smaller than you, this isn't a fair fight at all."

the boy only scoffed at chan as he shook out of the older's grip, walking away as the crowd slowly dispersed, realizing the fight was over.

hyunjin didn't leave though, he slowly made his way over to the figure still glued to the ground, a worried expression was plastered on hyunjin's face as he gently touched the boy's back,

"do you want me to take you to the nurse?"

bang chan looked back over to the now two boys, he smiled slightly, "hyunjin, you're in jeongin's class, yeah?"

hyunjin looked away from the boy on the ground and up at chan, "yeah, fourth period, uh could you help me carry him?" hyunjin motioned over to the still hidden boy.

"oh yeah, minnie, let's get you to the nurse, c'mon bud." chan said as he slowly helped the boy stand.

"i don't need help." the boy muttered, his voice oddly familiar to hyunjin, as he kept his head down, avoiding looking at chan or hyunjin.

"wait," hyunjin finally pieced it together, "seungmin?"

the boy, seungmin, looked up, his eyes filled up with tears at the embarrassment he felt.

"h-hey hyunjin." he whimpered out, looking away from hyunjin again.

"holy shit, what happened, why was he hurting you?" hyunjin freaked out, gently grabbing ahold of seungmin's face to observe his face up close, chan completely forgotten as the older male had his arm holding up seungmin.

"i'm fine, jin." seungmin shook off hyunjin's hands as he looked over at chan, "i can get myself to the nurse, thanks though."

"are you kidding? seungmin, i'm not leaving you alone." hyunjin exclaimed, holding onto seungmin's arm as he shook off chan.

"yeah, minnie, we can help you." chan agreed, bringing seungmin into his hold again.

"i said i'm fine." seungmin said, stumbling away from the two older boys.

hyunjin frowned and followed seungmin, obviously not going to leave the pretty younger's side, wanting to help the boy as much as he could.

"seungmin, you don't have to talk to me but i won't leave your side, ok?"

seungmin only nodded and continued stumbling to the nurses office with the help of hyunjin holding onto his arm to stabilize him.

no words were spoken as the two made their way, just basking in their own silence.