Abandoned

"Let me see Loralei! I demand her presence this instance!" A woman is making scene in front of the Oldenburg household early in the morning.

"Without a prior notice, no one are permitted to enter the premises. We advice you to retreat before we notify the police." One male servant said as he stand firm there by the gate together with three guards of the house. The woman spit and cursed at them before walking away.

"Just try to hide her away next time. She can't escape from me." She said to herself as she kicked a stone on the road side.

"What is happening? Why are you all out here?" Loralei asked as she rubs her eyes because she just woke up because of some noise she heard.

"Nothing! There's just some stray dog making noise outside the gate." One maid said as they walked towards the little girl who tried to peep through the window. Lucy walked towards the girl and lifted her up. Loralei just hugged the maid as she went back to her slumber.

"The little miss does not need to know what happened and who that rude person is. This is for her own good." Lucy instructed the maids which later on rely the words to other people within the household.

'I need to report it to master.' Lucy told herself as she laid Lory on the bed.

It's been few days since the incident of her breakdown and the girl is still recovering. It is a dillema for them to get her out of the room and attend classes. She doesn't even want to meet anyone except Lucy who she clings to. After some days of persuading her that nothing will harm her within the mansion, they finally suceeded to get her out of the room. But things are not easy as before. Even if the little miss attends class, she just sat there doing nothing. She don't even speak, just some nodding and shaking of her head. It took the tutors great effort and patience before Loralei finally started to open up to them again.

The Oldenburg household became a melancholic mansion for few weeks because of the absence of the miss' little steps around the mansion. Even the kitchen staffs who are always eager to cook the girl's favorites are trying too hard to make her show even a bit of a smile. They just patiently cooked her meals even if sometimes she wont eat any of it.

When the girl decided to go out of seclusion, some of the staff shed tears of joy as they bow in respect of the miss. And after some more days, Loralei is slowly being her usual self again.

Ding Dong. Ding Dong.

"Good day. Delivery for ...... Miss Lora ... Loralei? Ah! Yes, for Miss Loralei von Oldenburg." A man's voice said on the intercom on the gate.

One of the staff went immediately at the gate to see what delivery it is and from who.

Loralei who is just sitting on a sofa on the living room looked at the door where the maid went out to get the delivery.

A few moment later, Loralei's eyes widen at the sound she heard. There was some barking outside the door.

"Lucy? Does papa have a dog?" She asked the maid who is standing on her side.

"As far as I know, there is none." Lucy replied.

The door opened as two small cream-colored dogs ran towards the little miss and licked her face and wiggled their body around her.

"Did you like my gift?" A deep voice echoed on the room where Loralei is. Laugher can be heard from the miss and now she screamed of excited upon hearing that voice.

"Papa! Papa!" She said as she carry one dog on her arms and walked towards the wide screen on that room. Her father video called her as a surprise. Sebastian recommended it so that the little miss can recover much more faster. Even Lucy said that Albert needs to show his face every once in a while to assure the girl that she is loved and not abandoned.

"How are you doing? Do you like them?" Albert asked as he looked at the puppies.

"I love them! Are they you new dogs?" She asked as she still plays with both that friendly puppies.

"No. They are not mine." Loralei looked at her father with a trace of sadness.

"They are yours. Give them names. One is a boy and the other is a girl." Albert added when he saw her reaction to what he just said. Lory looked up to her father on the big screen.

"Simba and Nalla!" Lory immediately answered when asked about names.

"Simba? Nalah?" Albert repeated with his brows meeting together.

"The little miss just watched the 'Lion King' movie a while ago. The lion king is named Simba and the lioness queen is Nalla." Lucy answered in respect and in place of the little girl.

"I see. Now, I still have loads of work to do before I can see you. I need to finish them so that I can come home soon. Goodbye Loralei." Albert said as he watched his daugher laugh in happiness as she hugs the puppies.

"I love you papa! I promise to behave and study and take care of Simba and Nalla. I will wait for you!" Lory said as she waved her tiny hands towards the screen and do a flying kiss before the man disappeared from her sight.

Lory's eyes showed a glint of sadness yet, with the puppies on her side, she eventually cheered up.

"Come with me Simba! You too Nalla. I will introduce you to others!" The little girl stood up and dust off the skirt she is wearing. Loralei ran towards Lucy and grabbed her hand and pulled her along as both the little dogs followed them behind. For everyone who passes by the little miss, she introduced her new friends to them.

"This is Simba, and the other one is Nalla. Papa gave them to me. They are my new friends." She said to anyone they saw.