Chapter ten

I swung Clare at the mountain guard to try and cut it. Nothing. Clare came back to me after I started running towards the demon.

"I told you!" Clare exclaimed once I grabbed her out of the air.

"Whaaaaaaaat? I was barely even trying!" I smiled and flew into the air. Electricity burst out of my hand and left a trail of yellow light as I got ready to punch the thing in the face.

I punched where the cheek would be. The guard didn't budge.

"YOW!" I flew back and flung my hand to get rid of the pain.

The guard opened its mouth and roared, throwing me back a couple hundred meters. I landed in the panicked crowd of scared innocents. Luckily I had my helmet on, so they couldn't figure out who I really was, but that's not what's important right now, not with a beast the size of a goddamn mountain.

A hedgehog stumbled to the ground and got trampled by the stampede of thousands. As instinct I rushed over and stopped the a few people in their tracks to help the poor hedgehog out.

"T-thank you Guardian!" He yelled so I could hear him.

"Don't thank me yet..." I looked around to search for the mountain guard. I flew up in the air to get a better view. "What the hell?"

"Yeah weird isn't it? A monster 5 miles high and 4 miles long just disappeared!" Clare floated in front of me, blocking my view.

"Seriously? That big? Seemed smaller." I glided back down to the ground. Some people were cheering on. Others were booing.

"Let's get out of here.." Clare pushed me gently as I looked back to where the mountain guard was supposed to be.

"But shouldn't we help the injured??" I stopped moving. "And what if it comes back with more of them?" Clare stopped.

"Good point, let's go back." She started pushing me the other way. Amazingly the paramedics were there already, but I still felt like I needed to help anyways.

"My child! Help me!" A female rat ran up to me, her face all wet from tears. Not soon after her husband ran up to hold her.

"I'll find them ma'am, just stay here. Clare stay with them." I ran off before she could respond.

Why on Mobius would you bring a child to a rock concert???

I flew BACK into the air and set my scanners for a small sized rat, male or female, in their child years. Three popped up on my visor. I flew closer to the one all alone.

Or so I thought... Sonic was with the child. I immediately flew down to the ground before I blew my cover on the spot. I tapped my belt and a case formed around my two tails, just as Sonic came into view.

"Figured ya'd be here." Sonic was holding the kids hand. He pointed at me as he walked towards the parents direction. "You're too slow!" He picked the kid up in his arm and ran off. I chased after him only to see the look on his face when he realized Clare was already there waiting.

"You were saying?" I took the kid out of his arms and let them go run to their parents. The parents began tearing up again.

"Thank you, both of you!" The father said. He shook my hand, and left with his wife and kid. I looked back at Sonic.

"You're too slow, wasn't that your catchphrase??" I said sarcastically and ran off in the mountains to hunt the mountain guard down. Sonic came following, of course.

He got in front of me.

"Where are YOU going?" He said aggressively. That almost ticked me off. "You're leaving them behind?"

"They have the authorities and paramedics with them, they're safe. And notice how I left my sword there with them?" I waved my hands in the air.

"Then where are you going?" He asked in a calm manner.

"To hunt this monster thing down." I stopped again. "Maybe YOU should go down there and keep them safe too?" I really wanted him out of the way because he slowed me down.

"You have your sidekick down there remember?" Sonic pointed at the direction of the concert.

"Clare is NOT my sidekick." I looked at Sonic closely.

"She's a friend." I said softly. I was pretty sure she knew what I said too. I turned around and the Universe was sitting on a rock in mountain gear.

"Oh she knows already, and trust me when I say, you do NOT want to go hunting a mountain guard." She smiled.

I turned around to let Sonic say hi, but Sonic was gone.

"Why not?" I turned back at her.

"Sure, yeah, don't worry about old Sonic randomly disappearing?" She stood up and drank out of a canteen.

"I'm not surprised. I'm used to him disappearing like that." I sighed in stress.

"Back to your question. Because I personally hate their guts. And THEY hunt YOU." She said as she pointed at my chest.

"Really? How?" I scratched my ear.

"How do you think? Have you put a volt meter to yourself lately? You have literally half my power."

"True I guess. One more question, can Arthas sense me?" I was a little scared at what the answer would be.

"That, I do not know Miles." She shook her head and looked down. I looked back at the concert to check on things, and turned around to see that the Universe disappeared.

"Hello?" Clare said behind me.

"How long have you been there?!" I jumped in shock. She moved back in surprise.

"30 seconds? Why?" Her mood crystal changed to gray, for confusion.

"Nothing. Where's Sonic???" I looked around to see if he was hiding anywhere.

"In his house...? Are you okay?"

"He was right here! He followed me here!" I was freaking out.

"He hasn't shown up so far?" She doesn't have a face but I can tell she thinks I'm crazy.

"Interesting..." I rubbed my fur on my chin. "Wanna come with me?" I walked towards a random direction where I thought a mountain guard would be.

"It's my job, but besides that I'd love to!" She followed close.

I decided to joke around.

"Shh, it's mountain guawd season." I exclaimed as we both went up the trail.

"Okay?" She laughed.
I pulled out my compass.

It's gonna be a long night...

END OF CHAPTER TEN, THE GUARDIAN

Daily info:
Shadow demons
Type: Mountain guards

Mountain guards are extremely dangerous. Their size is unimaginable. Despite that, they can stand on their hind legs, like a bear. They can blend in perfectly with the mountains around them. Their three spires are located on their backs, reaching up to 10 stories tall (32m). The spires can act like a tesla and cause an EMP that travels up to 8 miles in diameter. This can hurt Tails greatly, due to him being pure energy. They travel alone. Their roars can be heard up to miles. When up close, the shock wave of the roar can cause massive damage.

Flight: No

Top speed: 21 mph

Powers: EMP blast, booming roar

Size: 9 kilometers (5.59234 miles) high, including spires, 3 miles wide, 3 miles long

Nocturnal: No

Habitat: Tall, snowy mountains, heavily populated cities with tall buildings.

Weight: About 400 tons

The GuardianOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara