"Let's go home." I say.

She nods and continues crying as she releases the pain held in since this morning, she didn't want to lose me.

We decided to leave early and after tugging Sara in her bed back at home (the pictures of me shocked me but I brushed it off), I head to the hospital and visit Jess.

"H-Hey." I smile.

"Hey, thanks for coming because I wanted to tell you something..." She looks filled in regret.

"Of course, tell me." I answer.

"I believe mom told you about my conversation about you and that I like you." She starts.

"R-Right, wait how did you-?" I try asking.

"*sigh* I expected it." She answers, "The thing is, I won't accept your feelings."

My body was colder than before and my heart was building pressure. So many things are happening so quick... please give me a brake.

"L-Let me explain before you think..." She quickly follows up, "Ellie told me what occurred earlier today."

"But why...?" I ask.

"Because... what she said hit differently and added up to my current thoughts." She continued. "I realized the love Sara had for you since years."

"And you want to hook me up with her?" I ask.

"Let me finish." She continued, squinting her eyes, "As much as I like you, I can't keep seeing her in pain... and since she is in pain, that means you're in pain too, and knowing that fills me with guilt."

"But if you still like me... then-" I was about to ask. "W-Wait, you're giving your attacker, nearly killer, a chance?"

"She missed my vital spots on purpose, thats enough." She answers.

"Huh.."

"Look I want to give her a second chance... because I feel guilty too... you know..." She continued, "She felt like love was in her favor until you found me... Her hope was lost at that moment."

"This is a waste of time though, because I-I still love you." I answer.

Jess blushes but quickly calms down and says,
"Are you sure?"

I knew the answer but... why am I hesitating?

"Y-Yeah." I answer.

"You are not." She answered.

I... am... Am I?

A few minutes later I exit the hospital but I first asked when she would be able to be discharged, in a couple of days the nurse said... When Jess mentioned the break up... it didn't seem her mother's string-pulling but Jess's herself. If it's her deciding then I'll respect it.

After grabbing drinks from a nearby gas station, I go back home. Before I enter I think of what to do, reveal the unexpected or stay shut. Not saying a thing would be considered cheating in Jess's plan since Sara won't give it her all showing her love towards me unless she knows... I'll tell her but won't she go on a spree to find Jess for "breaking my heart"... Arghhh, what the hell!

I head in, but I thought of something. In Sara's room the walls were still covered in pictures of me, I can take this as an advantage to take those down because they are unsettling.

"Sara..." I whisper repeatedly.

She quickly wakes up to me smiling.

"What is it, Jake?" She asks.

"Lets make a deal right now but I want to talk to you first." I answer. "What Ellie said, I'm not gonna deny only one thing she said."

Sara sniffles.

"B-But I think you took your love towards me to the max and... it kinda makes me happy you think of me as a good person even with mistakes and I appreciate that... but you need to think of the consequences next time, take it easy, okay?" I complete, patting her head.

She nods and I continue.

"Let's do this... if you take the pictures off the walls..."

Sara's eyes widen as she tries covering the wall with her body desperately.

"Uhhhh w-what pictures?" She asks, quickly taking piece by piece of the wall's pictures.

"We can... go out." I say, holding firmly on the ground.

Sara's face was red, it was something she never expected.

"I-I want to give your feelings a mature look." I explain. "I was kind of a cold person ignoring most of your feelings so I want to give it a try... not as a relationship but build it up more than best friends but, again, not as a boyfriend."

I look up and see most of the pictures were teared off the wall, not causing damage to it. She was more than happy to tear the pictures down, her smile was brighter than ever.

I look beside me and see little me smirking.

"Hahahahah, you were all about Jess and Jess and Jess, and now look who you are gonna start dating!" He laughs out loud.

I look at him with a serious face and then look back at her... maybe she'll change... and if it's correlated to her, can I prevent my parents death?

Note:

It's been a while dear reeders, but after stressful piles of homework since the outbreak thats going on (hope you all are doing fine and safe btw) has been preventing social contact, I'm back in a way. But I'm gonna edit the hell out of this story since it's outdated to the time I didn't even know how to spell 'to much' instead of 'too much'. Some dialogues are kinda cringe so Ima tweak that, and how I have ended my Yandere short stories book I can now focus with my two books I plan on finishing. Hope you enjoyed reading and stay safe out there... I mean in there in your homes.

1490 Words     Edited 1559