Chapter 15

After some of the worst occurred, Jake had passed out, later on waking below the dim moon. The streets were oddly almost empty. Little to no cars passed by and only some hobos could be seen roaming around. Jake responds by looking at any early news... there was nothing.

"Wait, over 20 missed calls!" Jake lights up, but sighs after the phone suddenly shuts off. "No no no no! Dead battery... It's easy... just evade the alleyways." Jake sighs, breaking a sweat and pocketing his phone.

"Easier said than done, the future is inevitable and you're supposed to know this by now." Little Jake reminds.

They make their way to the front gate by going around the school.

"No guards... let's jump the gate and find the nearest store." Jake plans, "I can call Sara and..."

"...And what?" Little Jake asks.

"... I can't keep depending on her, we'll figure it out, find a gas station and spend the night around." Jake finishes.

"...Well, more obligation than plan since any other 'idea' is far worse, but you do realize that it's still not accurate since the 'nearest' gas station is 5 minutes from here and in this unsafe environment there is no way you will survive." Little Jake protests. "In other words... call her!"

"Don't worry about me, I'll just have to avoid alleyways." Jake repeats. "Besides-".

"Having a serious deja vu here..." Lil Jake sighs, "Look, don't mention the situation you two are in. J-Just tell her... uhh."

"I'm waiting..." Jake grins.

"Uhhh, just call her!" Lil Jake attempts to grab his phone, but fails. "At this moment she is most likely thinking about you and where you are! Sara is giving you a chance to redeem and self-reflect yourself." Little Jake believes. "I know you just want to avoid conflict."

"...Lets talk about it later-" Jake evades.

"No! We finish this now! You need to grow a pair and look back, back to that day she opened up to you when your parents miss took your relationship. You know how much it means for a girl to give her life away for you, the scum of the Earth!?" Little Jake begins, "And Jess knows she isn't the best girl for you, of course she says that knowing Sara and what she's capable of."

"...Hold it. I have just taken this in, I'm not gonna change from a second to another; it'll depend of when I see her again." Jake excuses.

"...Fine, but I will be spectating more than usual." Little Jake warns.

"L-Let's go home." He sighs.

"Wait what about-" Little Jake tries to ask something.

"Jake pulls up his phone and shows him a dead one, "I was trying to tell you."

Little Jake sighs.

"From all the times... now?!" He starts to fume.

Jake gets startled.

"Wait, I swore my battery was full!" He reassures, "I had many missed calls so that maybe drained it."

As they jump carefully over the pointy fence a dark silhouette could be seen right behind them. Of course, in their current mood they didn't bat an eye at all.

Three minutes in

Jake wanted to say something but it would make him sound like a broken record.

"Save your breath, look up ahead." Little Jake points out, "Under the street light."

"Wait..." Jake halts, looking for any other direction, "Damn it, the right and back go oposite ways... wait I have an idea."