Reaper

How was your guys day?
Tell me give me some news
Enjoy though

"Alex."

The auburn-haired woman clicked on her earpiece, "J'onn?"

"There's suspicious activity on the outskirts of National City, we have reason to believe it's Cadmus since we've been trying to pinpoint their locations."

"I'm assuming you want me to check it out?"

"Supergirl isn't exactly in the most optimal mental condition, and she's dealing with a couple of rogue alien thugs at the moment; she's a wild card right now and I can't risk her getting injured or causing collateral damage. I'm also sending two other agents with you."

Alex huffed, slightly frustrated.

"Don't worry, you should be back in time for your date with Detective Sawyer."

Alex's eyes bulged, "How the hell do you know about that?"

Lena clacked her manicured fingers on her desk anxiously, the tapping descending into something less than rhythmic and more erratic to complement the frantic beating of her heart.

Her eyes darted at her luxurious silver watch, the analog notified her that it was quite a time past one.

Lunch with Kara started over thirty minutes ago.

She should have showed up by now, and despite her Supergirl duties, she always made sure she was prompt, as long as the plans were not too last minute.

But her tardiness at the moment suggested otherwise and Lena knew something was wrong the moment Kara's phone went straight to voicemail, meaning it was intentionally turned off or ran out of battery.

But Lena also knew it was likely the former; Kara would never purposefully turn off her cellular device because she was Supergirl and she was diligent in keeping her phone with her at all times in case of emergencies.

It had only been a week since the little standoff after the blonde's adorable drunken stupor, though the morning after was not as enjoyable.

Lena checked her own device again, going back over their texts.

[Kara Danvers: Hey, Lena?]

[Kara Danvers: Can we talk?]

[Kara Danvers: Please?]

[Kara Danvers: I'm sorry]

[Me: Lunch. Tomorrow. 1:00.]

[Kara Danvers: Thank you, I'll try and explain everything tomorrow]

The Luthor called into CatCo to make sure she was okay and James had told her that the bubbly blonde had left in a hurry to get to L-Corp after she had turned in her article to Snapper.

Once forty minutes passed, she called Alex nervously and no answer was provided. She did not know if it relieved her or worried her, it could have meant that the D.E.O. was dealing with a crucial threat to National City elsewhere, perhaps on par with the girl of steel herself.

The Luthor sighed, resorting to her last option, getting in contact with Winn so he could track the super down.

Kara's fist slammed into her metal cage, but found out the hard way that it was simply impenetrable as she cradled her hand to her chest, hairline fractures webbing across her bones, irritating the reddened skin even further.

She sat on the concrete ground, sinking her back against the cold cage.

"Nth metal, I'm sure you're familiar, Supergirl, with the Thanagarians."