Jumper

How are you guys liking the book so far and have you started school? (P.s hope you enjoy❤️)

"Glad to see I still have an effect on you," Veronica purred in her ear, making the girl shiver.

Lena's face reddened as she attempted to regain her composure, her cold facade returning, "You're mistaken. What are you even doing here anyway?"

"Looks like you still got bite," Veronica purred, leaning in to connect their lips and moving her leg in between her target's thighs.

Lena released a surprised sound, but the other girl swallowed it and it came out as a pathetic muffle.

When Kara heard someone call out Lena by her last name, her stomach plummeted and she turned around to scope through the sea of students, spotting her friend pinned against the lockers by a stunningly attractive girl around the same age.

She felt anger broiling in her stomach.

However, it was a masquerade for jealousy, though she was unaware of that.

Then when the mysterious girl leaned in to kiss Lena, her jaw dropped to the floor and she felt a painful ache in her chest for some reason unknown to her.

When Veronica shoved her leg in between Lena's thighs, the blonde mistook the shocked sound that left the Luthor's throat to be a pleasured moan and the angry shade of red on her complexion to be one of fluster.

Kara frowned, feeling the familiar burning in her eyes as tears threatened to collect and spill over.

She whipped away and merged into the crowd of students, mistaking the feeling of heartbreak for anger.

Veronica released her victim's lips from her mouth's prison with a quiet smack, turned her head and went in for another.

Lena narrowly avoided the blood red lips, roughly pushing her away and wiping her mouth clean of the lipstick that smudged across her cheekbone, "What the hell do you think you're doing? Do you not recall us breaking up?"

"I don't recall us ever being exclusive, just a hook-up, a one-night stand where many more followed," Veronica tilted her head, "You're so needy, did you really think you were that special?"

Lena pursed her lips and folded her arms, "Whatever, why're you here?"

"I can't visit an old friend? We did move into the same city, did you forget about me?" she made a pouty face.

"Yes," she answered without hesitation, "And blissfully so."

Veronica chuckled, unfazed by the remark, "Is it 'cause of that blondie I heard you keep hanging out with?"

Lena froze, "How'd you-"

"Oh, please, I still keep in touch with Devlin, he's one of my most popular clients."

"I'm not going to ask you to elaborate on that."

Veronica rolled her eyes and sighed, "I'm not a prostitute if that's what you're thinking."

"Color me surprised, then what's he paying you for?"

She grinned, "It's a secret."

Lena rolled her eyes, "We both know that you're full of those."

"You're one to talk, Luthor. You're better at keeping secrets than I am. Also, I didn't know you were capable of making friends, and from what I've heard, it's genuine. So, when will you introduce me?"

The raven-haired girl dropped her head.

Veronica frowned mockingly, "Awww, you guys break up already?"