Chapter 3

Chapter 3:
Any House Will Do

             Draco began to tell Lilian of Hogwarts, the separate houses your places in, and how you were sorted, a hat?

             "Gryfendor's may be considered brave, but their headstrong and reckless." Draco said, he sounded slightly annoyed, to Lilian, at the mention of the house. "Ravenclaw's are non-social, knowledge seekers, who could care less about what's around them as long as they get a perfect grade. Huffulpuff's are referred to as "truly loyal", they protect each other's innocence, I won't be rude to them, have my respect considering how loyal they are, however I'd be disowned if I was sorted into that house. Slytherin is the house my family has been in for generations, known for being cunning. I believe I'll be sorted into that house." Draco finished.

               Lilian soon realized she had no idea where she'd be put. To some degree she was brave and she did thirst for knowledge, however she'd never had someone to be loyal to, so she had no idea the extent she might go for them, though for some reason it wouldn't surprise her if she were placed in Slytherin, nor did she think it would disappoint her.

              Lilian was so far into her thoughts she hadn't realized they had fallen into a comfortable silence. She looked Draco in the eye and she could tell he had questions, however she wasn't sure she wanted to answer some of them.

              "What are the scars from?" Draco finally asked her.

              Lilian laughed hollowly. "Misbehavior, and my stubbornness, Mr. Malfoy." She said not breaking their contact.

              Draco's eyes seemed to be laced with confusion until Lilian adjusted her poster. His eyes held no confusion anymore he seemed to understand to an extent what she had said.

              "I can heal that bruise." Draco finally spoke.

              Lilian knew which one he was talking about and laughed again, though not genuinely. He has no idea. "It's not a bruise, my rib, it's almost completely shattered."

              Draco looked appalled at the statement. "How are you walking around?"

              "Years of practice." Lilian said. Draco pulled out his wand.

              "Lift your shirt up," Draco said, Lilian raised an eyebrow, maybe he could help, she lifted her shirt to reveal her more then visible ribs, some bent at awkward angles. "When was the last time you ate?" He asked.

              "This morning..." Lilian trailed off, Draco didn't look like he believed that answer, however he let it drop.

              Draco pointed his wand at her ribs and as soon as he started whispering things Lilian wanted to scream. She bit her tongue as her ribs seemed to bend back into place. Tears streamed down her face. When he finally put the wand down, She released a shaky breath.

             Draco sat next to Lilian and put his arm around her shoulder as she rested her head on his shoulder. She could still feel the pain in her ribs but it lessened drastically as his hand played with her hair.

           "Lilian," Lilian blinked a few times to adjust to the light and sighed. 

           "We need to get our robes on, we're almost to Hogwarts." Draco said standing up.

           "Turn around." Lilian said.

           "What?" He asked.