9 - Suspicious letter

My panic has reached an extreme.
We both went to Ajith's house. I was praying that she should be with him.
He is also from this apartment 302 flat. I didn't know that until Aakash dragged me here. After almost 5 dreadfull minutes he finally opened the door. He was shirtless staring at us like "what were you doing here." We went inside.

Just about to ask Manya's whereabouts, a white toned girl came from his bedroom.
"Last night was fun, bye hon," said with a wink and left.

We were literally confused.

"Weren't you supposed to be on a date with Manya last night?" I asked furiously and confused.

"We were supposed to go but our date was canceled." He said looking away from us.

"Why? What happened?" Aakash asked instantly.

~~~Last night~~~

Ajith's POV :

"I know it breaks your heart
Moved to the city in a broke down car
And four years, no calls
Now you're looking pretty in a hotel bar
And I can't stop
No, I can't stop.." getting ready with vibing my fav songs. Suddenly heard a knock on the door.

As soon as I opened the door Josie hopped and hugged me tightly.
I was struggling to get free from her hug. Josie is my ex who broke up with me 6 months back. Just after I got free from her and turned around to find Manya standing at the doorstep with mixed emotions in her face.

"Manya wait, I can explain"

" Don't worry, I can understand what I saw. You don't have to worry about the cover story" Manya left running to stairs.

" Are you happy now? Why exactly you are here now?" Questioned Josie with a serious tone.

" I just miss you so badly," Josie said with a puppy face.

With frustration sat on the sofa trying to figure out a way to make her leave. she is so stubborn and never hear a word if she doesn't want to.

~~~~~~~~~~~

After my break up, Manya was 1st person I asked out and it was ruined. I tried calling her but she wasn't answering. I even went to her apartment but it was locked, so I thought she might have gone for a walk.

"And the one who left when we came?"

"She is my sister. She visited me later that night. Which thank god! helped me to get rid of Josie. That's why I didn't even come to college, I wanted to spend little time with her."

" so you guys didn't go out," Aakash asked for a confirmation.

" yup. Why? Did something happened?" Ajith asked with a bot of concern.

" Manya was not in her room and didn't even come home last night," I said after my last ray of positivity shattered.

"What? Where did she go? What happened?" Ajith outbursted.

" That is what we are trying to find out" Aakash replied

We went back to her apartment to see any notes she left when she was going out. Her Rommie said she got a package from Amazon. According to her, it came around 10:30 but amazon delivery time is only up to 9 pm. So out of suspicion, we opened it. There is a chain with a golden heart locket which is exactly the one I gifted to Manya and a letter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                     LETTER

Hey Nidhi,

I know that this letter will definitely reach your hands. Because you seemed to be like you care for your best friend, in reality, you don't even be there for.

But don't worry now your best friend aka Manya was in the best hands. You don't have to worry about her anymore. Just telling even though you never cared for her. She was very happy here and not even concerned a bit about you.

so don't spoil her happiness again. Don't pretend that you are a very good friend which is a lie and come after her. Neither goes to the police nor over-smart to find her. Or else you have to face the severe consequences Nidhi.

The only person to face consequences for any smart moves whoever may be the one implicated is you. you will be tortured for anything against us.

Manya's safeguard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shocked and surprised by seeing the letter.

" Is this some kind of prank" I was assuming

But then the blood marks at the end of the letter made me terrified. He said she is in the best hands that's means he will not hurt her. This may be someone else to make us scared and not go after her. She is my best friend how can I leave her knowing that she is in danger. Me and Aakash trying to figure this out. Aakash suggested that we can go to his place as it was closer and try to figure this out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Note:

hey guys, hope you enjoyed the chapter.

press the little star and feel free to comment.