Chapter 12 - The reunion

(POV) Saber

A heavy boot met my chest at full force and I toppled backwards, flying through a metal door in the process. The cold floor boards was the first to indicate that I had landed, right before pain exploded in my back. I could faintly hear the door clatter against the floor in the distance. My vision was blurry and my hearing wasn't what it's supposed to be. It took me a second to realize I had lost my blade while in midair. I tried to look around me, frantically trying to find my sword.

From a ways away, I heard an unfamiliar voice whisper something. Whipping my head towards its location, I immediately regretted coming here.

It was the military people again, armed with guns and confused expressions.

"Well, well, well, look who we have here" said a voice from the room I was just launched out of.

"Rainbow, form a perimeter around the target" said the redheaded military woman, ignoring the group of terrorist.

I wasn't sure who she was talking about but as the five military operatives circled around me, it became very clear. I wanted to run and get out of here, avoid everything that was happening, but the pain kept me paralyzed. The redhead had her weapon pointed at me, but from my vantage point, I realized they all were more interested in the man in white clothes and his companions.

Ok, what are my options here? I could lie here, get captured by the military people or get shot by the other people. Those weren't very good options. Wait, where's my blade?

I spotted it not too far away. Maybe I could crawl to it?

"I was expecting you guys to show up sooner, but this will do. Two birds one stone, am I right?" the same man in white clothes spoke up. He didn't look like a leader, but he acted like it. I knew for a fact his personality was pissing of everyone in the room. His voice was most irritating.

"Place your guns on the ground and put your hands in the air!" shouted the redhead.

A chuckle escaped the man before he spoke again.

"I don't think so lady. We have you outnumbered, outgunned and out skilled. You should be the one lowering your weapon"

The tension in the room was almost suffocating me. I usually don't get stressed in situations where my life could be taken away from me, but I didn't have my sword on me and that made me extremely uncomfortable. I hate not being in control, it made me ecstatic.

"This is your final warning! Surrender!"

"Now, now child, no need to get feisty. We're all adults here, are we not?"

Ah yes, how could I forget that my mother was in the same room as me? Her voice demanded your attention every time she spoke, with the same elegance as an angel's. That would be one of her most redeeming qualities I would say, because everything else about her is deadly. There's a reason she's called Katana. She has accomplished many things like terrorize me ever since I was born, efficiently run training exercises and fake her own death. I'm still not sure if I'm seeing the ghost of my dead mother, but after she kicked me through a door all thoughts of her being a ghost vanished.

It wasn't a very nice reunion.

"Saber, are these your new friends? I would like to meet them" Katana said.

"We don't have time for this. Let's just kill them" said the terrorist leader.

"Do I have to kill you for your impatience?" asked my mother.

"No, definitely not" said the man, taking a step back.

It would have never crossed my mind that they have become allies. These terrorist were the ones that raided our home base and now my mother is working with them? It makes no sense to me. I had tried to ask her why she teamed up with these losers but I ended on my back because of it. At least I knew I was on the right track for the past three years. All that killing and playing detective did land me here, but not in the way I was expecting.

"Now, could we all lower our weapons and talk like civil people?"

Now Katana was just trying to waste our time, which means there's something else going on and that can't be good. I need to get my sword back... and not get shot in the process.

Laying a couple arm lengths away was my sword. I just had to crawl between two military personnel and grab it.

"Don't even try it" whispered the Canadian operative.

"Don't you see she's stalling? Let me get my sword and I can get us out of this situation" I whispered back.

The Canadian just glared at me, then shifted his focus back to my mother, gun raised and ready for action.

Suddenly another door flew open and more operatives came rushing through. Chaos erupted soon after. Bullets started flying in every direction, bodies dropping as screams filled the room. I stared at my mother as she quickly ran for the scene, just like she told the trainees to do when guns got involved. The only thing you could see is a black figure running away with two sharp katana's stuck to it's back.

The operatives had split up, leaving me in the open and able to crawl towards my weapon. Movement made the pain in my back worst, but still tolerable. I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings, so when a boot landed in front of me, I almost screamed. Looking up I saw an operative from the second group looking down at me, his gun trained to my face.

"Where do you think your going?" he said.

The shooting died down, the last body falling to the ground signaled the end of the fight. Looking over, I saw the dead bodies of the terrorist group, but not the one of the leader. He probably escaped with my mother.

"Thanks for the support" said the redhead to an angry guy rushing towards me.

I tried to get to my feet, but immediately pushed back to the ground. The man picked me up by my throat, cutting my air supply. With the minimal amount of energy I had left, I tried to pry his hands from my throat without any success.

"Bandit, Six said to leave him unharmed" the woman said.

"He won't notice" the Bandit said.

"Still, let him go"

"If you say so"

I was released as violently as I was picked up. I fell to the ground once more, really hating myself for coming here.