Chapter 12 (1 Week Later)

After I was released from the hospital, me and Jasmine stared hanging out. Now we're good friends. While I was in the coma, Chad moved in to the apartment. Mom did a lot of renovations from the money she got from suing Dad for hurting me while I was pregnant with McKenna. So when I got home, it looked like a completely different place. Our room (Me and Chad) was bigger. It had a walk-in closet along with the original closet that now has all of Chad's things. Mom and Micha moved out, but they still visit a lot because they moved into a smaller place in the same building.

I woke up and went into the bathroom to take a shower. It was Saturday so we didn't have to work. When I got out, Chad was sitting on the bed watching tv.

"Hey babe. Did you sleep good?"

"Yeah. When I get dressed I'm going to get Kenna up."

"Ok."

I got dressed and went to go get McKenna. When I got her up, she realized who I was and wrapped her arms around my neck, giving me a hug.

"Hey Momma."

"Hey Kenna."

I took her into our room and playfully threw her on the bed. She laughed and ran over to Chad.

"Daddy!"

I pinned her down and tickled her. She wriggled out from under me and ran into the hallway. When she got to the stairs, she slowed down and when she got to the bottom, she screamed. Me and Chad ran down to see what was wrong. She didn't fall down the stairs, I knew that. But when I got down there, I screamed too. There was a huge cockroach on the floor. I picked her up and ran to the top of the stairs.

"Chad kill it!"

"Kill what?"

"The roach!"

He got a paper towel and squished it then flushed it down the toilet. He washed his hands and went up to me and kissed me then Kenna's forehead. He walked back into our room. I put Kenna down and walked in there too. When we got in there, he wasn't there. I looked around then felt two hands on my waist pick me up and throw me on the bed. Kenna was next. Chad came over and started tickling us. I was very ticklish so I laughed so hard I cried. When he decided to stop torturing us, we all went downstairs to eat breakfast. Lola greeted us with lots of puppy dog kisses. Chad made us eggs. When we finished eating, I put Kenna down for a nap.

Chad looked at me then kissed me, long and hard. When he pulled away, I was gasping for air. I kissed him and he led me upstairs. He decided that we would have a shower. We got in and he wrapped his arms around me and kissed my neck.

************************************

We got out of the shower 45 minutes later when someone came in the front door. It had been locked so it was either my Mom or Micha, or both. We quickly got out and snuck into our bedroom. We got dressed and went downstairs. It was only Micha. When he saw that both of our hair was wet, his faced turned as red as a tomato.

"Did I interrupt something?" He asked sheepishly

"No!" We both said at the same time

"Do you want me to leave?"

"No, Micha, you're fine. Just glad it was you instead of Mom."

"Oh, ok. I just came by to tell you that me and Shelby are going out to dinner tonight and she suggested a double date. Do you guys want to come? Mom offered to watch McKenna."

"Sure." Chad said

"Great, we'll come by and get you around eight. Bye."

"Bye Micha."

When he left, me and Chad went back upstairs.

"That was one of the most awkward conversations I've ever had with your brother. Aside from him being there when I asked your mom if I could propose."

"Well, it's over now."

Since I got back from the hospital, I've enrolled in online college so I wouldn't have to be away from McKenna. I have a part time job at the Barns&Nobles down the road, but they let me bring McKenna with and she listens to story time in the kids section. I got on the computer and did three classes before I went to eat lunch. When I got downstairs, Chad and Kenna were playing in the living room. It was funny watching my fiancé play with Barbie dolls. I stood there watching them for a while. He made the dolls talk in a high pitched voice. When he finally realized I was watching him he stood up and said in a deep voice, "And that, Kenna, is how you change the oil on a car." She started laughing at him. I did too. I went over and kissed him.

"You don't have to hide the fact that you play with Barbies from me. I still love you." He kissed me back.

"It's Kenna's fault, her little eyes were so persuasive!"

I went into the kitchen and made a sandwich and thought how lucky I was to have Chad.