Chapter 22

Today was the day my father was coming to my mom's house. Kyla was watching Logan and Kenna in case things got to out of hand. Chad and I knocked on her door and were relieved to see that he wasn't there yet. She looked very nervous though. Chad went to set the table and I walked to the counter to talk to Mom.

"It's going to be ok Mom. Me and Chad are here and we won't let anything happen to you."

"I'm just... worried about how he will be after being in jail. I'm honestly nervous about him being around you after the way he reacted last time."

I helped her finish cooking and we were about to watch tv while we waited when the doorbell rang. Mom was about to go open the door, but he let himself in. His eyes immediately flew to me.

"What the hell are you doing her you little skank! I thought I told you that you weren't a part of this family anymore!" I felt hot tears form up in my eyes, but I refused to give into him.

"I'm sorry, but when you almost killed my daughter, resisted arrest, and not to mention, Mom divorced you, you lost custody of me and Micha, therefore, you can't tell me what to do!"

"Oh, so little miss whore thinks she's so big and bad that she can yell at her father!" All the time he was talking, he was walking closer to me. Chad stepped in between us.

"Leave her alone!"

"Shut the fuck up, Brad! She doesn't even like you! Why would she, after all, you did ruin her life by getting her knocked up at 16!"

"First of all, it's Chad, and second, she was raped you son of a bitch"

"Yeah right, that's the perfect excuse. But I see right through it. I mean come on, who would want to rape her ugly ass!" At that point, I had enough. With tears streaming down my face, I walked up to him, stared at him for a minute, then kicked in the balls as hard as I could. He fell to the floor in a fetal position. I kicked him in the stomach twice, then, as he was getting up again, I kicked him right in his jaw. He passed out. I turned around to see Chad and Mom staring at me in disbelief. Chad came up and kissed me. After a minute of that, when he finally pulled away, he whispered in my ear, 'That just made me so fucking horney' and Mom came up and gave me a hug.

"Mom, call the cops, then I want you to punch me in the face."

"What!"

"When the cops come, I can't just tell them that he called me names. But if I make it seem like self defense, then I won't get arrested."

"Ok, Mia are you sure?"

"Yes."

"But I can't, you're my baby girl. I couldn't forgive myself if I did that."

"Fine, I'll get Chad to do it."

"Are you positive you want me to do this?" Chad asked

"Yes Chad. Just hurry up. The police will be here in a minute."

"Ok, you ready?" I nodded "I love you Mia."

Then his fist connected with my jaw. At first, I was fine. Then, I collapsed. On the way down, my head hit the side of the table.

******************************************

When I woke up, Chad was holding me in his lap at our house and he had an ice pack on the side of my head. I rolled over so my head was snuggled into his chest.

"Baby, Mia, I am so sorry." I moaned in response. He repositioned my body so I was cradled in his arms. He stood up and I hurried my face into the crook of his neck. He brought me downstairs and a police officer was sitting on our couch. Chad set me down and sat down beside me.

"Mam, I just have to ask you some questions about what happened." I nodded my head telling him to go on. "What exactly happened?"

"Me and Chad went to my Moms house for lunch. He got there and lunged at me, probably still hung up on the whole teen pregnancy thing. He hit me in the jaw and I fell and hit my head on the table. The next thing I knew, I was here."

"Thank you mam, that sounds about the same as what we've heard so far. You have a nice day. We will contact you tomorrow about your father's consequences."

He stood up and Chad showed him to the door.