Chapter 22 - Wolfe

Start from the beginning

"Oh my God, you're serious," She sits up then so she can look at me better I'm guessing. "How?"

"It's pretty easy actually. I have a dick and I've kept it as close to my body as possible all my life."

"Shut up," She smacks my shoulder, laughing. "I'm serious. How hasn't anyone jumped your bones and popped your cherry yet?"

"I'm not the kind of guy whose bones women want to jump?" I raise my brow on a guess. If I thought Melanie was in disbelief before it's nothing compared to now.

"How oblivious can you be, big guy? You're stupid hot and girls are constantly salivating at you. There was a chick sitting next to me at your match eyeballing you like you were her next meal and I was a second away from punching her in the throat."

A laugh bursts out of me at that unexpected comment. I'm equal parts amused and flattered and maybe a little afraid. "You almost punched someone just for looking at me?"

"She was looking at your junk! I know what I saw."

"I don't think that's true. It was a boxing match. Wouldn't she have been looking at my hands or something?"

"Oh, baby." Melanie shakes her head. "I think I'm starting to understand this whole virgin thing. You really can't read women, huh?"

My face grows warm again. "You know how I come across, Mel. If a woman isn't afraid of me or thinks I'm some kind of thug, they get put-off by the fact that I don't talk. Women don't exactly feel safe around a man my size who doesn't say a word. What would help them trust me enough to sleep with me?"

Melanie frowns again, laying on top of me and settling her chin on my chest. "But that's so unfair. You're so great and they're missing out."

"You can't exactly blame them. I just never learned how to make myself approachable to earn a woman's trust."

"You always seemed approachable to me from the very beginning."

"Because I was. Only ever with you."

Her face softens and she brings a hand up, running her fingers through my beard. "So, what's the most you've done with someone?" I hesitate a moment and she notices. "No, really. I want to know just so I know what's new to you and what isn't."

I shift a little uncomfortably. I don't know what she'll think of me once I tell her but she really does seem to want to know. "I really have not done much. My first kiss was when I was nineteen. I was a sophomore in college and my partner and I were working in the library on our project. It was late and she just...kissed me. Honestly I think she was just bored and horny. She tried to go further but I stopped her and left. It didn't feel right and I think I embarrassed her because she wouldn't even look me in the eye after that. I didn't kiss anyone again until a few years ago. It was the day we went to Nate's nightclub for the first time for Avery's birthday. Asher found someone to hook up with and sent her friend to me. I think he thought that's what I wanted. I wasn't opposed to it. We were in her car and she made the first move when she got tired of carrying the conversation and realized I didn't talk. We kissed and she took her shirt off and I...touched, but that was all. I left because I felt like I didn't know what I was doing, which I probably didn't. After that it was the day you kissed me in the bar. And now we're here."

Melanie blinks. "Kissing and some fondling? Nothing more?"

I shift again. "Does that turn you off?"