"Thank you doctor," I nodded before sitting in the chair beside him.

In this moment, I felt relief, I felt the weight being lifted off my shoulders as I watched his chest rise and fall with each breath. As the tan color of his skin stayed that way. I grasped his hands and felt relief, because they were still radiating warmth. I brushed his hair out of his face and lightly pressed my lips against his temple.

"I'm glad that you're okay, and I'm sorry that I wasn't there to protect you in the beginning," I whispered before laying my head against the bed. I hope Marcus gets expelled for pulling a knife out and for sending Toby to the hospital. Every time I close my eyes, I could see him sniffing and licking Toby's neck, and just that mere image makes me see red and feel the need to punch the living daylights out of Marcus. He dared to lay his lips against, my Toby, my submissive, my boyfriend, he's lucky that those football players pulled me off of him. I had a whole lot more to give to that rat.

I groaned out of frustration, and ran a hand through my hair. How could I have let it come to this? I should've never let him leave my side. I should've known that Marcus would try and pull off such an idiotic stunt like that. It's all my fault Toby is here, Christ- I'm lousy at this aren't I? I heavily sighed before blocking out all of my thoughts. Right now, I just have to focus on Toby, worry about personal problems later.

I sat there, staring at him for hours, holding onto his hand as if it was a lifeline. Now, every time I blink, all I can see is him, every single little detail. The curve of his soft lips, the hint of stubble forming along his jaw, the scar right above the arc of his brow. At some point, I felt myself taking longer to open my eyes as I blinked, until I fell asleep and all I could see was a resting Toby.

"Luke,"

What?

"Luke, wake up," I simply groaned and squeezed Toby's hand before drifting back.

"C'mon you need to eat, wake up," at this point they were patting my back. I grunted and peered over to see Joseph standing beside me.

"Not hungry," I grumbled before shutting my eyes again.

"Don't be like that, Toby already ate hi-"

I quickly sat up and looked at Toby, "He's awake?" I frowned when I saw him still asleep.

"He was, but he got tired after an hour,"

I nodded my head, well, I'm glad he woke up. It felt like five minutes have passed when I felt Toby's hand trying to wiggle its way out of my own. I furrowed my eyebrows and squeezed his hand before getting comfortable again.

"Pickle, I need to pee," he whined.

"Hold it, m not let go," I grumbled.

"C'mon, I really need to," I could feel the bed shaking as he wiggled his body. I peaked open my eyes and snapped back into reality. I sat up and let his hand go before I stood up to help him out of the bed.

"Sorry, sweetheart, c'mon," I beckoned. He simply blushed and grasped my forearms and shimmied out of the bed.

"Need help?" I offered as he shuffled towards the bathroom.

"With peeing? I'm good, but do you think they can bring me a snack? Im hungry,"

I nodded and rushed over to the nurses station, before waving them off and going to the cafeteria. I grabbed as many snacks as my arms could carry before paying for them. When I got to the room, Toby was back in bed pouting at the cup of jello in front of him.

"Why so glum?" I asked, he turned at looked at me then smiled brightly.

"Thank god, good snacks!" I chuckled and set them down on the table. Grabbing his jello and opening it, I ate about a third of the cup before I looked up due to the lack of noise. Toby just stared at me mortified, I furrowed my eyebrows and put another spoonful of jello into my mouth.

"What?" I asked after a few more moments of silence.

"You're crazy! Jello is so disgusting!"

"Toby, jello is delicious,"

"Totally isn't, my god, blegh,"

"Thankfully you're not the one eating it then," I shrugged and put the final spoonful in my mouth.

"But if we make out, then I'll indirectly taste it,"

"I think you would find appreciation if we do,"

He rolled his eyes and shook his head, "I doubt that," I simply smirked and put down the empty cup. Pushing the table away and scooting in close till my breath fanned his.

"You sure you wouldn't like a taste?" I asked as I stared at his parted lips. Watched as his tongue ran across his lower lip before his teeth took it in and dragged it out. Fuck, that was hot. I looked up to see his face rouge and his eyes wide.

"Words, Toby," I smirked.

"I-I want to taste," he whispered, leaning up.

"I can't hear you, louder," I teased watching as his cheeks went beet red. He jutted out his lower lip and feigned a look of innocence as he looked up at me.

"May I please have a taste, Sir?"

I wanted to do nothing but rip his gown off, everything had me fully turned on. I wanted to ravish him, I quickly cupped the back of his neck and went in for the kill. But unfortunately, a knock echoed throughout the room and the doctor waltzed right in.

"Alrighty, Mr. Ryan, looks like you're all ready to be discharged, did you have any questions or concerns?" She asked as she finished writing on her clipboard, before looking up at us. Her eyebrows raised and her cheeks blush pink. "Oh my, was I interrupting something?" She giggled. I frowned and sat myself back into the chair and looked outside the window.

"Sorry, did I need to do anything?" He asked quietly.

"Just get dressed and get yourself on out of here," she responded before walking out of the building.

"You should take these snacks downstairs, and put them in your car, I should be dressed and ready to go by then," Toby said after a minute. I looked towards him with a brow raised.

"Who said I'm leaving your side right now?"

"No one, I was just saying, it would be easier, so you could be hands free when we walk out together," he mumbled as he looked away. I watched as the tips of his ears turned pink, and I got the hint. I smiled and pressed my lips to his temple before grabbing the snacks.

"Okay, I'll be back in a bit,"

Just like that, I rushed to my car with my hands full of snacks and a smile on my face.